Fukushima Reactors Have Melted Down

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suddenly envision mutated sea monsters swarming the beaches of Waikiki...
kt-225a_1.jpg

I'm sure the 25ID can handle it...

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
NAH... Not Godzilla...more likely Hedorah, the Vog Monster will hit Hawaii

Hedorah.jpg

There, I fixed it for you. We don't really have smog in Hawaii. Madame Pele chokes us with her gasses...LOL! The locals call it Vog. Volcanic Fog.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here is a good break down of what is currently happening at the reactor.

http://www.infowars.com/analysis-of-new-photos-of-fukushima-reactors/

The story is going to disappear from the news cycle soon because we probably aren't going to see any more explosions. However, leaking of deadly radiation from this sight, according to the article, will probably continue for years.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was scanning for news on this the other day and look what I found now that it's not part of the news cycle...

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/a...Top+Stories)&utm_content=Google+International

3 nuclear reactors melted down after quake, Japan confirms

Tokyo (CNN) -- Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant experienced full meltdowns at three reactors in the wake of an earthquake and tsunami in March, the country's Nuclear Emergency Response Headquarters said Monday.

The nuclear group's new evaluation, released Monday, goes further than previous statements in describing the extent of the damage caused by an earthquake and tsunami on March 11.

The announcement will not change plans for how to stabilize the Fukushima Daiichi plant, the agency said.

Reactors 1, 2 and 3 experienced a full meltdown, it said.

Also, it looks like they knew it had melted down months ago and simply avoided using the term.

Tokyo Electric avoided using the term "meltdown," and says it was keeping the remnants of the core cool. But U.S. experts interviewed by CNN after the company's announcement in May said that while it may have been containing the situation, the damage had already been done.

"On the basis of what they showed, if there's not fuel left in the core, I don't know what it is other than a complete meltdown," said Gary Was, a University of Michigan nuclear engineering professor and CNN consultant. And given the damage reported at the other units, "It's hard to imagine the scenarios can differ that much for those reactors."

A massive hydrogen explosion -- a symptom of the reactor's overheating -- blew the roof off the No. 1 unit the day after the earthquake, and another hydrogen blast ripped apart the No. 3 reactor building two days later. A suspected hydrogen detonation within the No. 2 reactor is believed to have damaged that unit on March 15.

The people who live by this were thrown under the bus...