From Okinawa to Korea

Discussion in 'Tae-Kwon-Do' started by Michele123, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Senior Master

I think there are places where she will be Black belt by her first B Day.

2. gpseymour

gpseymour MT Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    Hey, that's a good lookin' kid. Dobak'll be proud to be on that one!

And good on you for getting back. I understand the feeling of getting to train after a forced absence. Almost any involvement feels good!

3. Michele123

Michele123 Green Belt

Had my second night back in the dojang yesterday. I took my baby with me because she is at that four week cluster feeding she and cried the whole time I was gone last time. I brought the stroller hoping she would sleep most of the time in the stroller. No luck. I needed to hold or feed her most of the time so I was primarily watching. My midwife would have been happy. After class though, my instructor held my baby and let me go through a few kicks with a couple of the black belts. That felt good. I wasn’t supposed to do the jumps but I did them out of habit and it felt good.

I hope I figure out soon how to juggle class and baby. I really want to get back into fighting shape and really work hard again. I also want to be careful that I don’t put my baby on the back burner for MA.

Tomorrow night is the test. I’m hoping I can stay and watch everybody. This is the first testing night since I joined that I won’t be testing. It’s a little weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. dvcochran

dvcochran Senior Master

• Supporting Member
    The back burner part is well said.
    Great to hear your passion for the things you love. I love hearing the open relationship between you and your instructor. A true sign of a MA family.
    We have a Mexican family that comes from another school about 2 hours away twice/month for our senior belt classes. They have a small child that hangs out in one of those play rings or is being held by someone. While mom and dad workout they do not have to worry too much about the baby since someone is always there willing to take care of whatever is needed. A great thing to see.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gpseymour

gpseymour MT Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    Juggling babies is probably against dojo rules. You should check with your instructor. And don't dare tell your midwife.