Free movie editor for Window 10

Discussion in 'Photography Videos' started by Kung Fu Wang, May 16, 2018.

1. Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang Grandmaster

I have a Sony camera. When I used Window Vista, I can use Window Movie Maker to edit my moves. After I have updated to Window 10, The Window Movie Maker is not part of the Window 10. So far, I have not be able to find any movie editor yet. Does anybody know any free movie editor that will work on Window 10? Thanks in advance.

2. oftheherd1

oftheherd1 Senior Master

I just realized I hadn't gotten back into this before now. Try free windows video editor - Google Search for some URLs to free video editors. I don't know them myself, but they all seem to be free, so experimenting will only cost time.

3. Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang Grandmaster

I have tried to download those free movie editor on Window 10. For some reason, it doesn't work on Window 10 when I was in Texas. I'm a California now and I use Window 7 here. I like Window 7 much better than Window 10.

4. oftheherd1

oftheherd1 Senior Master

Yep, we are still using that where I work. But when I got my latest laptop it had Windows 8. That wasn't so bad except for those silly tiles. I also had to continuously guard against being gifted Windows 10.

I am sure you have the knowledge to do so, have you considered Virtual Box and adding Linux? There are a lot of free video editors. At least one of them should suite your purposes.

5. gpseymour

gpseymour Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    It's not free, but I've recently actually started using Magix Movie Editor (I've owned it for a few months, but never got around to using it). It's about $40, and has many more bells and whistles than I'm likely to use.

6. Ryan_

Ryan_ Green Belt

Adobe Premiere has a free trial but once you exceed that there is still a good amount of features which you are able to use.