Fracture foot

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I fancture the top part of the foot the other day, it hurts like no other pain, Dr. said 4-6 weeks to heal any home remedies I can try to get it to heal faster I would appreciate it.
Thanks
terry
icon6.gif

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! I don't know of any way to speed this up other than to keep weight off of it initially.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that Terry. Keeping off of it as much as you can would be first on my list. Not sure if there's any cast/brace that the Dr. can suggest to minimize movement. As far as the home remedies...I personally don't care much for them.

Mike

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would listen to the doc on this one. Breaks are a funny thing and not letting them heal properly could just lead to problems down the road. Good luck and get well soon!

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The top part of the foot being the small bones near the ankle, or the metatarsals (long bones that lead to the toes)?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I fancture the top part of the foot the other day, it hurts like no other pain, Dr. said 4-6 weeks to heal any home remedies I can try to get it to heal faster I would appreciate it.
Thanks
terry
icon6.gif

Sorry to hear about your injury. Take care and heal soon! Don't rush it.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
The top part of the foot being the small bones near the ankle, or the metatarsals (long bones that lead to the toes)?

The Metatarsals
Terry

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon...

MJ :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
The Metatarsals
Terry

Follow the doc's advice, of course, but I would think ... um ... no target kicking :) for a while, no impact training ( jumping, running, jogging, etcetera), keep it elevated when you can and absolutely keep your checkup appointments.

For a weight-bearing bone such as the small ones in your feet, you really don't want to mess around with pushing things at all. I have a diabetic friend who has broken the bones in her feet and (more due to the diabetes) the bones don't want to heal correctly, if at all. She'll be lucky if she ever walks right again, because during her recovery period she just wouldn't stay off of her feet!

Take good care, Terry. Keep us posted.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stay off it, Terry. Keep a brace on it for even support. No cheap garbage either. I've been down that road a few times, and the even support of the brace helped it heal much quicker and with less pain. I'm gonna PM you a link.

Feel better, buddy!

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bummer Terry :( But I'm in the same boat. I injured my foot yesterday as well (breaking in a tourny). I don't think it's broke (Metatarsals of my little toe), but bruised real bad.

There's really nothing much you can do with a broken Metatarsals except becareful, and let it heal on it's own.

I hope ya feel better soon :)

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Terry. I know its not very "martial artist-like" to listen to Dr's advice (you're a martial artist, we can do anything:)) but I'd really recommend it.

Just remind me of that when I get hurt, Ok? You're in my prayer for a speedy recovery.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Thanks
terry
icon6.gif

You might try swimming to keep in shape while away from full TKD training. I'm not a doctor, but I imagine that swimming is a safe way for you to get the cardio you will miss by being unable to run or spar.

Latest Discussions