FMAT: Would you accept a challange in your school?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Would you accept a challange in your school?
By Kali Cowboy - Wed, 06 Feb 2008 03:08:37 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Some people need to learn the hard way. I Had a cocky 24 year old Master from a Japanese art attend my class. At the end of the class he challanged me in front of my students. He said he wanted to fight me and show me how good he was, he would not take no for an answer. I did my best to discourage him but it was no use.

He was using 2 sticks about 1 1/4" x 4 feet or so in length, and spun them in tight sinawali. He only wanted me to use 1 standard length stick, and that is how we started. I was doing OK but he was getting some hard shots in, so I grabed another stick (both of my sticks were 28" x 1 1/2".) I need to tell you here that this fight was with a hockey helmet and hockey gloves for protection. He did not wear the gloves and suffered for his dicission. He also tried to refuse the helmet, but I told him it was a must if he intended to go through with the challange. Good thing, too. His helmet ended up cracked in the forehead area about 20 seconds into the 30 second fight, he may not have survived. Hockey helmets are made to withstand the impact of a frozen hockey puck at 100mph. They are hard to break.

After the fight he told me that he had never been hit so hard before. He limped away with major leg damage and a headache. I managed to ask his girlfriend (who was there at the fight) for his phone number and I gave him a call the next day to make sure he was OK.

This was more respect then he showed me.

My point is, he was wrong go into my school and issue a challange, for any reason! By doing it in front of my students he left me no choice. He would not leave without fighting. He was lucky he walked away. He was young and a fool.

For the most part - there is not respect in todays generation.

God Bless,
Stephen

Kali CowboyView Public ProfileSend a private message to Kali CowboyVisit Kali Cowboy's homepage!Find all posts by Kali CowboyAdd Kali Cowboy to Your Buddy List

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions