Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
PTK PitBulls group forming in Chicago, IL
By vegasjoe - Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:20:27 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hello FMA Forum!

I'm looking for people in the Chicago, IL area who want to train in Pekiti Tirsia Kali.

First, let me be up front to say that I'm in no way an instructor of PTK. In fact, my exposure is limited to a 2 1/2 month training with the Manila PitBulls earlier this year. Throughout my life, I've "dabbled" in martial arts ranging from Tae Kwon Do to Wing Chun, but I never clicked with them. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the training, knowledge and friendship, but when I met the Manila PitBulls and was introduced to PTK I was instantly hooked. I couldn't wait for class. I found myself thinking about PTK all the time...

Flash forward to today:
I'm currently in Chicago after doing a bit of moving around earlier this year. I have no one to train PTK with, but in the interest of fitness (mental and physical) I've started training mixed martial arts at a facility managed by a close friend. I've been looking for PTK instructors in the Chicagoland area, but have found no one. I've contacted other PTK instructors in other parts of the country asking for leads in Chicago, but have only turned up one for an instructor who uses some Pekiti in his own "blend". So far, no PTK in Chicago.

What is the solution to this issue? To start my own PTK training group. I've spoken with Guro Doug Marcaida of the Rochester Pitbulls to ask for his help in forming a Chicago PTK PitBulls crew. As many of you already know Guro Doug has been instrumental in the promotion and development of PTK here in the USA for sometime now. Guro Doug has offered his assistance in forming a Chicago PitBulls training group.

So there you have it. I'm not an expert of PTK, just a passionate student who wants to find like minds to train with. Let's get together, train, learn and enjoy the brotherhood of PitBulls.

Anyone who is in the Chicagoland area and wanting to train in Pekiti Tirsia Kali please PM me.

Joe V.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions