FMA in Abilene Texas?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts - General' started by Mike Hamer, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mike Hamer

Mike Hamer Green Belt

I recently moved to Abilene TX and I was wondering if anyone knew of some good schools in the area?

Thank ye kindly

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise MT Moderator Staff Member

Hey Mike,

In searching the net I did not find much, unfortunately. I know that Leslie Buck Jr. runs a school over by Austin and also runs his Texas Kali Mastery Camp. This would be some excellent training if you could make it.

http://camp.texaskali.org/home.htm

3. doc D

doc D Orange Belt

Hi Mike !! Doc Dority here....predominantly a Silat man but also do a bit of FMA . I uses to be stationed in Abiliene years ago, so your post caught my eye. I have an old acquaintance named Mike Keller who I believe is in Sweetwater. Way back in the day he transitioned from I, believ, TKD to arts like JKD, Wu Wei Gung Fu and such....I believe he has a background in Inosanto Lacoste kali. Of course this was back in the mid 90s and I can't say for sure what he is doing now. Hope that helps a little.....

4. geezer

geezer Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    MIchael Blackgrave has people in various parts of Texas. You might contact him. I never met him, but he always impressed me as a guy who was very ...real. Also resembles a grizzly bear: http://seamok.weebly.com/contact.html

5. doc D

doc D Orange Belt

I think Mike Blackgrave has some folks he teaches his SEAMOK approach to out in the Midland /Odessa Area.....which is probaly a 2 hr drive West of Abilene.123