First, they came for the 32 oz. soda...

Discussion in 'The Study' started by billc, Jun 13, 2012.

1. billc

billc Grandmaster

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    Alright, raise your hand if you are surprised to find out that the same people who support the ban on Soda pop, now want to go after other things...

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/06/...e-should-extend-this-soda-ban-to-other-foods/

2. Steve

Steve Mostly Harmless

Yeah, but really, who is ACTUALLY supporting the soda pop ban? Not anyone I know.

3. Gentle Fist

Gentle Fist Master Black Belt

I banned soda years ago...

From my own body of course... I can care less what everyone else does:)

4. Makalakumu

Makalakumu Gonzo Karate Apocalypse

• MartialTalk Mentor
    :popcorn:

"You can pry it from my warm, buttery, salty hands," just doesn't have the same ring.

5. bugatabugata

bugatabugata Orange Belt

Why do I have the sudden urge to drive over to NYC, plunk myself in front of City Hall and guzzle four eight oz. sodas, while snacking on a couple of "small" tubs of popcorn and smoking a cigarette?

6. 72ronin

72ronin Purple Belt

i can/could care less = you care to some degree, you "could" care less about something meaning you currently have a level of care about it.
    i cant/couldnt care less = you could not possibly care to any lesser degree than you currently do.

Unless ofcourse you were making a play on words which went straight over my head lol, in that case please excuse me :)

---
    The thing is, is that soda is crap! But there is also the fact that we are free to kill ourselves prematurely as we see fit :)
    As always, the answer is education on the subject, not rules or regulations etc.

Smoking, hmm. Legalised drug addiction. The beauty of it is, is that the parents second hand smoke can predispose the child for example to addiction, the child and the chain is continued through the generations. And at 20 something dollars a packet a day for a kazillion smokers, do the math, how about we take that out of our "system", that one i would be happy for the "nanny" lol to do for us, yeah aint gonna happen.
    Its not a matter of freedom of the individual when the subject harms others is it? like impeding on the freedoms of another, wheres the line?

And they are going on about soda, Sshhhh take in some poisons and watch the telly, work your **** off and die around 60 yrs of age.
    We are treated like children because we act like children! we all know the difference in education now compared to a couple hundred years ago dont we, we are childish/stupid in comparison dont fool yourself.
    Mathematics/geometry/history/astronomy where is it? we are "de-volving" in that manner! - That is, you and me the man on the street.
    Yes its sometimes there at higher levels of education sure, but the expectations have dropped dramaticaly. Go for a walk, look around, how many adult "children" do you see. Be honest with yourself, the apparel the demeaner, their intention etc etc.

So you see, do you guide those that cannot guide themselves? what is the meaning of order out of chaos if it is not for the guidance of the human animal that is so easily persuaded?

The question is, what do you do when those that guide have led you astray?

Rant over, appologies in advance :)

7. Gentle Fist

Gentle Fist Master Black Belt

Me play with words? Never.... :)

8. Blade96

Blade96 Senior Master

grammar nazi :D123