First Lesson.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
You will probably be walking a bit slower after the lesson ;)

OP
Rabbitthekitten

Rabbitthekitten

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well. I wasn't knocked out by a little girl or anything which is a good start. :D

We did a little cardio to start with which tired me out a bit. But not too badly I managed to do everything that everyone else did. Then we did some exercises which I assume were for balance and co-ordination. Doing figures of eights with your legs and moving them in a little space between your partners hands. Doing high kicks and stuff like that. I managed to do it all but I was a bit slow and kept having to put my foot down.

Then we did some kicks which was good fun. Turns out the years of cycling gave me quite powerful legs so I was quite good at the power part. Although the whole technique thing threw me a bit. I also got to do a couple of flying kicks which was good fun. Holding the kick bag was less fun. :D

Then it was patterns. I sucked at this. I mean I really sucked. I can remember the one I was shown alright but I just couldn't get my body to do it. :/ I guess I'll have to practise this a bit.

That was it really. I really enjoyed it, I'm not aching much to be honest which is good, I think I'm pretty fit anyway.

They do sessions Mondays and Wednesdays but I'm working Monday so I'll have to go back Wednesday. :D

Last edited:

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
sounds like you had a great first day of the rest of your MA life....keep coming.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then it was patterns. I sucked at this. I mean I really sucked. I can remember the one I was shown alright but I just couldn't get my body to do it. :/ I guess I'll have to practise this a bit.

Ah, the uncooperative body. As you learn, you'll find it gets more and more cooperative. And as you age, you'll find it gets less and less cooperative.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ah, the uncooperative body. As you learn, you'll find it gets more and more cooperative. And as you age, you'll find it gets less and less cooperative.
Oh, ghods, yes. I must have eaten thousand of boxes of Rice Krispies when I was younger, because my body now continually goes snap, crackle and pop. :bawling:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, ghods, yes. I must have eaten thousand of boxes of Rice Krispies when I was younger, because my body now continually goes snap, crackle and pop. :bawling:
If you hadn't drunk all that milk, the Krispies couldn't do that. Apparently, all of my Krispies went to my knees. In Yoga a couple of weeks ago, my instructor said, "Now, when you do this, you might hear a pop." In the quiet that followed, the people on both sides of me started to giggle at the half-dozen or so loud creaking pops from my knees. Damned knees have no respect for the quiet contemplation of Yoga practice.

Latest Discussions