Reaction score
hi guys

I have my first amatuer muay thai fight with no shin pads in a week,
If you have any advice for me it would be appreciated

Thanks

darthcual

White Belt
Reaction score
Try to stay relaxed if at all possible, worry will wear you out. My first fight I stopped training two days before the actual fight. I wish I would have stopped about three days or maybe even four. Other than that, try and have fun. Realize that this is a learning experiance for you. The fate of the world doesnt rest on the fact of whether you win or lose.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enjoy the moment and learn from it no matter the outcome.
If you win good but do not brag upon the accomplishment. If you loose, do not cry about it. Rather in both cases take a look back at what happened and see where you did things wrong or could have done things better.
Let us know how it goes

BTW good luck

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Chin down, hands up. Try to stay relaxed as much as possible. Nervousness before the fight will mentally and physically drain you. Learn from the experience. Stick to what you have been taught. Try to fight the fight your way and not your opponenet's way. Most importantly, have fun win or lose. Good luck!!!!

Giorgio

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pace yourself, don't blow yourself out in the first round. Don't let your guard down, even if you think you've got the advantage, BE ALERT! Don't just throw a technique because you can, throw a technique because you see an opening for it. Chok Dee!

lombriz

White Belt
Reaction score
I would say relax also. Don't get nervous. Do what works for you. First round - test the opponent, feel him out. Second and third whoop his ***. Keep a steady pace. Always keep your hands up. Fight smart. Exploit his weaknesses. Keep it simple but random. Remember its just you and the opponent - no one else.

Latest Discussions