Finally got our new horse!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, after over a month of very frustrating horse shopping, my wife finally found her new horse. Her name is AR Arabella or "Sofie" and she is a Trakehner/Arabian cross. She is very well trained and a very sweet and well behaved horse. We are going to close the deal and write the check tomorrow.

canter2.jpg

trot.jpg

canter.jpg

head.jpg

If you are interested in the pictures and can't get them to load for some reason, I'll be happy to post links to them. Figured it was easier this way - no clicking!

I know nothing of horses, but she looks beautiful!

Congratulations on finding her. I haven't been riding in years. Seeing the pictures brings back some fond memories. Thanks for sharing.

:)

Very nice to see a post about something good that isn't likely to cause a political argument :tup: :D.

Congratulations, sir - here's hoping for many years of mutual fun for horse and riders.

She looks like a real sweetie! It's been decades since I've ridden but I remember thinking, this is the best thing in the world... congrats, best wishes and good luck with her to you guys (luck being very useful in avoiding massive vet bills and such).

Well, I do know horses. I owned a raced thoroughbred and trained hunter/jumpers, dressage, and cross-country for 5 years. I owned a tack shop for 3 years and was a Certified NARHA Instructor (North American Riding for the Handicapped Association). So I can say with knowledge that the horse is gorgeous, great conformation. It looks like she has a heavenly canter and holds her head beautifully. Does your wife do dressage? She's brought Arabella's head in nicely on the canter, especially in the final shot.

Then we moved, I sold my horse, closed the shop, let my certification go, and haven't ridden since. *sigh* I now work with a woman who has a horse and she keeps asking me to come out and ride with her. She said her barn is also looking for an instructor. I may take her up on it. We'll see. My problem is I can't afford another horse right now and if I start getting into it again I'll want my own. So I'm wondering if it's wise to put myself in that situation or continue to leave it alone for now.

Anyway, enough of my rambling...CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Jade Tigress,

Wow, sounds like you've had quite a bit of exerperience, my wife understood all of that and was impressed. :) She rides Dressage and is hoping to get into some low level eventing. Thank you very much! We really love the horse. We stopped by today to close the deal and visit. My job is to feed her a lot. She already knows that I'm the food guy. We also found out today that she can bow and spanish walk.....apparently the previous owner used to take lessons from someone who trained horses to do that stuff. We're excited about those too (by we, I mean me).

Thank you every one else! It is really cool to have a new young horse. It was really depressing for both of us that we had to retire one of her horses, but I think that Sofie will do her best to fill his shoes...HORSE shoes that is...ha ha ha.

Hopefully NO vet bills for a long time.

It was FREEZING that day, its finally starting to come around a bit, although today wasn't the best. Ohio isnt' as warm as I thought!

And Sukerkin - I agree! Its tough keeping up in the study.... :)

We also found out today that she can bow and spanish walk.....apparently the previous owner used to take lessons from someone who trained horses to do that stuff. We're excited about those too (by we, I mean me).
I taught my horse to bow , but I forgot to tell the farrier and he couldnt figure what was wrong when he went to do my horses front feet and he kept bowing!! He(my horse), soon learnt not to confuse the farriers signals and mine though.

Congratulations to you and your wife. Don't know much about horses, except that you'll never catch me riding on something with a mind of its own.

Beautiful horse. I, as a child, used to ride horses a lot (belonging to relatives and friends). I miss riding them. It's been quite a few years since...

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions

Back