Fighting spirt ?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Comfidence goes a long way. I dont know about you guys but im not a ferocious dog... im more along the line like the calm friendly house dog that likes to sit on the couch with the AC.
but you know what. When I get focused and serious im as confident as ever
Confidence can look a lot like fighting spirit, and if you train hard and develop sound technique, you can be successful.

Look at guys in MMA. They are all voluntarily engaging in a violent,tough sport. Sometimes, like in the rousey fight, you have a person who gets really challenged. Everything they think they know... Wrong. They aren't able to eat punches like candy, and they aren't immune to being knocked out. You find out what kind of fighting spirit yiu have after that. Will she ever come back? Did Mike Tyson?

In the context of this forum, we have guys here who have a lot of theoretical knowledge, and who believe they know. And some of those guys are self described experts who are teaching others. But its sometimes hard to distinguish between heart and confidence... Or bravado, Confidence is critical, but fighting spirit is what takes over once your confidence is shaken.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Confidence can look a lot like fighting spirit, and if you train hard and develop sound technique, you can be successful.

Look at guys in MMA. They are all voluntarily engaging in a violent,tough sport. Sometimes, like in the rousey fight, you have a person who gets really challenged. Everything they think they know... Wrong. They aren't able to eat punches like candy, and they aren't immune to being knocked out. You find out what kind of fighting spirit yiu have after that. Will she ever come back? Did Mike Tyson?

In the context of this forum, we have guys here who have a lot of theoretical knowledge, and who believe they know. And some of those guys are self described experts who are teaching others. But its sometimes hard to distinguish between heart and confidence... Or bravado, Confidence is critical, but fighting spirit is what takes over once your confidence is shaken.
Well its a good thing im stubborn(that or ignorant) because my confidence is never broken, maybe down sometimes but only briefly :)

Latest Discussions