fighting large people and surviving

Marshall hahn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
say you get in a fight 6 foot tall and weigh about 250lbs my teacher said go for th groin can be a fast way to take the person down the you can hurt him down and out for the count

mj_lover

Blue Belt
Reaction score
groin is a bad target, easy to deflect a strike by moving a leg, etc. solar plexus is a better target, easier to hit, will stun him long enough to either get out or continue into something else. To get someone down for the count, in a actual fight usually takes more then one hit, with the adrenaline and all, never train for a 1 strike fight finisher, odds are, you'll need more hits

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm 6' 0" 240, pretty close. I'm not going to tell you how to take me out. But kicking low, hitting high, striking soft areas of the body with hard areas of the body are always a good idea. The eyes are especially vulnerable, as is the neck and throat. Of course in a real combat situation you will need to go for whatever area is exposed as fast as you can. Picking something up and hitting him is always a good idea, over and over again until the threat is neutralized.

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
say you get in a fight 6 foot tall and weigh about 250lbs my teacher said go for th groin can be a fast way to take the person down the you can hurt him down and out for the count

Depends on what kind of strike to the groin...kick or punch if you miss it will only piss him off, otoh, I have defended against a 6 footer with a groin grab (grab and squeeze or pull) and it has stopped them in their tracks.

groin is a bad target, easy to deflect a strike by moving a leg, etc. solar plexus is a better target, easier to hit, will stun him long enough to either get out or continue into something else. To get someone down for the count, in a actual fight usually takes more then one hit, with the adrenaline and all, never train for a 1 strike fight finisher, odds are, you'll need more hits

+1 with the caveat, the groin is not a bad target it just has to be attacked correctly at the right time with the right technique.

I'm 6' 0" 240, pretty close. I'm not going to tell you how to take me out. But kicking low, hitting high, striking soft areas of the body with hard areas of the body are always a good idea. The eyes are especially vulnerable, as is the neck and throat. Of course in a real combat situation you will need to go for whatever area is exposed as fast as you can. Picking something up and hitting him is always a good idea, over and over again until the threat is neutralized.

+1 to this post but, again with the caveat, eyes, neck and throat are good targets if you want to permenantly maim and possibly kill your opponent if attacked without restraint. Be careful when striking these areas, even though they attacked you, you should not willfully aim to kill someone (unless of course there is no other choice).

As to picking something up and hitting your attacker with it...if they are unarmed, very bad idea.....it could get you into a lot of trouble for obvious reasons.

Michael

OP
M

Marshall hahn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the head lock defense when that person haves you in a headlock move right leg forward do a palm strike to the groin and a hammerfist to the kidneys the reach up put your arm over there face pull them back to the ground and do a hammerfist to the solarplexs

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I always thought the idea of a 'speed ball' was to teach a small person how to punch a large person multiple times in the testicles...Was I wrong?

OP
M

Marshall hahn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the red ride bb gun on a christmas story wasthe funniest part beside the leg lamp

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
I "Had" a miniature one, but then last year, gave it to my stepfather, still in the box.
: o (

Sucks getting married : o(

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
yeah, he thanked me, and laughs his arsey off every christmas time.
Sometimes the sick guy will play "Taps" just to pay his homage to the alleged "Real" Leg Lamp.
(he is a sick crazy bloke i tell you!)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I guess I cannot comment as 6 foot tall is shorter than me and 250 lbs is lighter than me.

* kicks ground *

Aw shucks I cannot comment again. :(

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a little guy (only 5' 11 & 6/8" tall, 220 lbs.) so please don't kick me in the sack, bros.

OP
M

Marshall hahn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
a great man said if you can hurt that person keep trying until u find a way

Latest Discussions