Fighters work shop

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I couldn't get anywhere on that site--it wouldn't let me past the first page (using IE).

T

Ty K. Doe

I don't have a real knowledge of Jujitsu, but I've been told it's alot like Judo but has been hyped up alot because of Gracie Jujitsu. Do you feel this is true?

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ty K. Doe

I don't have a real knowledge of Jujitsu, but I've been told it's alot like Judo but has been hyped up alot because of Gracie Jujitsu. Do you feel this is true?

Depends on if you're talking about traditional Japanese jUjUtsu, or the more modern systems of jIujItsu.

Judo is derived from Japanese jujutsu. Jiujitsu, as the Brazilians practice it, is derived from judo.

Don't ask, it confuses the hell out of me, too.

Cthulhu

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cthulhu

Depends on if you're talking about traditional Japanese jUjUtsu, or the more modern systems of jIujItsu.

Judo is derived from Japanese jujutsu. Jiujitsu, as the Brazilians practice it, is derived from judo.

Don't ask, it confuses the hell out of me, too.

Cthulhu

Just wanted to add that Judo was designed as a sport. I think, it was called the "Gentle Art". How slamming someone onto concrete is "Gentle" is beyond me.:D

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Actually, Judo is the "Gentle Way", JuJutsu is the "Gentle Art". Subtle and important difference. The "Gentle" here can also mean "supple".

OP
O

old_sempai

Green Belt
Reaction score
New Jersey, way in the woods with 2 dogs, one pass
:confused: :asian:

My apologies, I thought the site [www]Fightersworkshop[com] was up and running, but have since learned it will be on-line this coming Monday, April 15th.

Inside comments identify that a large number of Gracie senior students and some Gracie people themselves will be available for Q&A and other such info.

A thousand pardons

:asian: :asian:

Latest Discussions