Female students flirting with thier instuctors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
......but I have also seen a lot of the single mom's flirtiing with instructors too!

E-mails, Hallmark cards left on desks, invitations for drinks to say Thank you, phone calls to the school at 1 am leaving messages.

It all depends on how the two handle it, be professional though, at all times!

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by chufeng
Gou,
Although I try to remain professional, I've never actually gone to my knees...what's it like?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
chufeng

If you have never eaten ***** then I suggest you try it. If there was a ***** flavoured beer I'd be a hopeless alcoholic.
:D

Edited to conform with MartialTalk standards. -Arnisador

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
If you have never eaten ***** then I suggest you try it. If there was a ***** flavoured beer I'd be a hopeless alcoholic.
:D

Gou....I don't get it? You eat English guys?:p

(lol Just joking MOB and whitedragon! :rofl: )

Edited quoted material to conform with MartialTalk standards. -Arnisador

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by PAUL
Gou....I don't get it? You eat English guys?:p

(lol Just joking MOB and whitedragon! :rofl: )

:shrug:...........Dont make me come over there. And Gou.....thats just nasty! :rolleyes:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
:shrug:...........Dont make me come over there. And Gou.....thats just nasty! :rolleyes:

That's what I'M TRYING to do...get you to come to Michigan for a......... [EDIT] Rich's got my back.:rofl:

Edited to conform with MartialTalk standards. -Arnisador

OP
S

Sifu DangeRuss

Ahem...

*...climbs back up on the soap box again...*

:soapbox:​

It's just a suggestion, but perhaps this could all be avoided if you proof read the signs outside the Dojo. It's supposed to read..."Martial Arts Studio"....not "Marital Arts Studio". Avoid those darned Cut Rate Signage companies and all will be well.

*...falls down off of soap box snickering...*

:rofl:​

OP
M

Master of Blades

That's what I'M TRYING to do...get you to come to Michigan for a......... [EDIT] Rich's got my back.:rofl:

.........:disgust:

Edited quoted material to conform with MartialTalk standards. -Arnisador

OP
R

Rob_Broad

whats a "balck Belt"??????????:rofl: I'm just messing w/ ya!

Thanks for the heads up on my error, First day with the rental fingers.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen this situation in a big way. Problem was the wife of the instructor was a high rank in the school, the flirtatious student was outrageous with her advances and the instructor reveled in the attention... the result? divorced couple, a lot of desenchanted students and a school on the brink of closing. I find the idea that a martial arts instructor would handle the advances of a student with anything but a hands off (literally) approach reprehensible. There are still students out there who revere their sifu as some one who is supposed to be following the three fold path of martial arts to it's highest level. When a situation like this is not handled in a proper manner it can have the result of causing a lot of potentially great martial artist to simply give up on this thing we do.

For my part, this is not something that I have to concern myself with. There is a reason I don't have a picture of myself on here, ya know?
:soapbox:

theletch1

:snipe:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey folks, friendly nudge here....head back to the main topic of this so we don't have to take a weedwacker to the thread,k?

Much thanks!

:asian:

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

I haven't seen it happen too much, although, if any of my students were to flirt with me or another instructor, I'm dense enough I'd probably just smile, nod, and ignore it anyway.

But I did date another student, broke up with her, and we both continued on as students and friends at the same dojang. So it can go both ways.

I don't like the idea of instructors and students dating, but it has happened, and sometimes it works out that they're very professional in class. That said, I'm sure there's some cases where the opposite is sadly true.

Not much two cents from me there, just wanted to pitch my pennies into the ring.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As a sometime instructor myself, I believe women flirting with the instructors should happen WAY more often than it does...

Panties should be thrown, or perhaps used as restraining devices during self-defense training...

Bras should never be worn during training, and t-shirts under uniform tops should be banned...

Practicing defenses from the mount should be a mandatory requirement EVERY training session...

Now we just need to get more women to train in Yili!!! :D

**CAVEAT - this is meant in jest. Flirtatious behavior happens. Instructors should be professional and deal with situations in moral and ethical ways.**

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

OP
J

jules

We have a "no dating" policy in our school, so

what's the point ...;)

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Over the years as an instructor I have had a few few female students flirt with me, and I handled it very professionally telling them it was unethical for me to date some one I was teaching. One young lady quit the school on the spot and decided to try and pursue me at the local watering hole. I dated her and eventually moved into together, after I had my stuff in her apartment she resumed classes. Even after we parted ways 3 yrs later she continued class til she was relocated. I have also met wife through training. But I have always made it a policy not to date a student, even if sounds like I have dipped my pen in the company ink I think it is wrong for an instructor to date a student.

What really freaked me out more than a female student flirting with me was when a male student tried to flirt with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.