Fed up with AWMA and Century!!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I handle the ordering for my wifes TKD school, and as the post says, I'm really tired of Century and AWMA. Any suggestions of who else to go to?

Thanks in advance,

JeffJ

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Bill wallace has a site with lots of products. Also, in the magazines ther are suppliers that have stuff at good prices. Bushido martialarts is good to check out too. You could always just Google M.A. suppliers.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
MTI trading out of santa ana, california.

no web page, but here's the phone number from dexonline (714) 558-1490

i'm at home now and don't have their 800 number with me, but the do have one.

good quality, much better prices than century, excellent service. i've been using them for years now. my only gripe is their selection isn't wonderful, merely very good.

hope this helps. pm me if you have any questions about them.

kakuma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
We use Golden Tiger in California. They offer wholesale accts and there products are service are very good. Check them out, you won't be dissapointed. www.goldentiger.com

rmikesell

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't buy for a school, but I usually go to superfoots (you can get Century products and a lower cost) or Tigerclaw (retail side, martialartsmart). I shop Tigerclaw because thier prices aren't too bad and they help sponser local tournaments.

The school I was in ordered from Century and Tigerclaw. But like you, they were getting fed up with Century.

Randy

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can relate. We are starting to have some issues with Century too. The good news is that i think there are lots of other choices out there. Start doing some web searches and ordering catalogs.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, whats the deal with Century? I've found them extremely willing to make me happy if I just let them know whats going on. They dont have that much CMA stuff, and charge a little high on shipping, but I'm extremely happy with them so far. Would love to hear your issues.

7sm

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A friend of mine was teaching over in afganistan and he wrote the guys a MACHO and told them what he was doing and they sent him 10 sets of uniforms and a variety of weapons all for free.

V/R Rick

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If its taekwondo, I'd say sangmoosa.com or usaTekno.com or kwonusa.com. I use all 3 & have had good success.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I use www.Karatedepot.com

you can find their ad all over this forum. I've been using them for all equipment and uniforms for my students...it gets to Iraq pretty fast, so I can only guess that it'll get to you faster.

my un-paid endorsement...

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
my wife is the ordering expert :) , I am just the backup, but she has always been happy with century until just recently. the quality of the student uniforms that we have been receiving hasn't been good lately and some items that we have been ordering have been pretty expensive and difficult to sell. They have been good about returns and customer service.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been using Masterline (www.masterlineco.com) with good success - good prices, and quick delivery. One note, however: you have to use IE; the site wouldn't let me log in using Firefox. Call them to set yourself up as a wholesaler (no proof required) and they will give you a login and a password - then log in and look at the prices on the website, not in the catalog.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Have a bit of research ahead of me now.

Thanks again

Jeff

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Karatedepot.com has been good to me over the years, but when it comes to ordering uniforms, it may be more helpful to simply go directly to the source of the uniform in question.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey said:
I've been using Masterline (www.masterlineco.com) with good success - good prices, and quick delivery. One note, however: you have to use IE; the site wouldn't let me log in using Firefox. Call them to set yourself up as a wholesaler (no proof required) and they will give you a login and a password - then log in and look at the prices on the website, not in the catalog.

Jeff,
Because your wife's is an ITF TKD school, Masterline might be a better choice than Sang Moo Sa. Sang Moo Sa is more WTF stuff. Kwon, however also has things that are worth looking at. I defer to Kacey's judgement on ITF gear.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Iceman. I'm checking them all out.

Going to explain a little why we decided to get away from Century and AWMA. Century is easy. Thier product is generally overpriced. Now AWMA has some good product and good prices (they also have a lot of crap of course). My problem with them ended up being thier customer service. I can't say how many times I was flat out lied to by thier CS reps to keep me happy while I was on the phone with them. Or how many times they said they would get right on something and I'd find out a week later it hadn't been done. Kinda got aggravating.

Jeff

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kacey said:

Ok that is how you do it!!!
I have been wondering for the longest everytime i go there!!!!
THANK YOU!!

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
You can also try Choi Brothers for uniforms and Tiger Claw and Revgear for other gear. I like Century because of the student catologs myself.

Latest Discussions