Favorite Song, Poem, etc...

C

Cliarlaoch

Hey all,

Sounds odd, but read my bit on the reasons my MT handle is what it is, and it'll probably make sense.

Do you have a favourite song, poem, novel, play, or other piece of literature, spoken or written (not TV or movie scripts, thank you very little) that has affected your personal development or had some other relatively deep effect upon your consciousness?

Just curious. As always, I'm an odd ball.

--Cliarlaoch

OP
C

chufeng

A poem I read back in the 70s certainly had some impact in that it led me to the study of Taoist literature:

Max Ehrman's, Desiderata.

Even though Max was not a Taoist...the ideas he expresses in this poem are taoist-like.

:asian:
chufeng

OP
S

sweeper

Alan Parson's Project : I Robot

Pink Floyd: tracks 1,2,3 off darkside of the moon

The first one is an album. The CD is older than I am and as such I have listened to it all my life.

The second is probably my favorite grouping of songs I have ever heard.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cliarlaoch
Do you have a favourite song--Cliarlaoch

Yes,
Girl don't go away mad, just go away.:rofl:

Somehow when my ex-wife shows up at my house this song is always playing in the background. Go figure.:rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Yes,
Girl don't go away mad, just go away.:rofl:

Somehow when my ex-wife shows up at my house this song is always playing in the background. Go figure.:rofl:

JF,

You know that 'They' say you can here message from the devil if you play rock music backwords.

Do you know what happens if you play country music backwords????

Well you get your Truck Back your Dog Back and your ex-wife back. I would prefer to listen to Rock and listen to the messages of the Devil then to have to live with her again. :D :rofl: So, no country music for me. ;)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seriously, I have been affected by many a song, in my life over teh years. I cannot pick one and stick with it as my all time favorite.

As for Poetry, I do not remember all that I have rad, yet at times it affected me as well as the music over the years.

As for a story, well, I am into Sci-fi and Fantasy, so pick a good stoory and I have most likely read it multiple times. :)

At the currrent moment it would have to be my Signature:
"Everyday is a new day. I'm Thankful for every breath I take. I won't take it for Granted. So, I learn from my mistakes"
'Alive'
P.O.D.

It will change in the future :D ;)

OP
C

chufeng

Music?

There is one traditional Shakuhachi song that is really awesome but I don't read Japanese, so I don't know the title (it's on an imported cd)

From my rock & roll archives, I'd have to say Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits, and Child in Time by Deep Purple, and Dust in the Wind by Kansas...

Most anything Kitaro does...

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd ...

Bach's Tocatta in D minor for organ (theme from the original Phantom of the Opera).

Israel Kamakawiwoole's Facing Future album...

...and the list goes on...

:asian:
chufeng

OP
R

Rob_Broad

In a time of great despair in my life I wrote something and it is how I have lived ever since.

I am the sum of my past;
Yet I have a future;
What can I make greater.

Latest Discussions