Favorite Poomse and why?

Doomx2001

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you could only teach 2 or 3 forms that best represent your style of Taekwondo, what would it be, and why? What would be your personal favorite?

- Brian

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
​my favourite has always been palgwe 8, I dont really know why, it just feels good to do. I also like koryo when done aggressively, it always feels like a "fighting" form to me.

OP
Doomx2001

Doomx2001

Green Belt
Reaction score
The last half of palgwe 8 is interesting. I'm not sure what the possible applications of it would be. Palgwe 8 seems very ground based while Koryo comes across as maybe a little more 'lighter' on the feet? What do you think?

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
The last half of palgwe 8 is interesting. I'm not sure what the possible applications of it would be. Palgwe 8 seems very ground based while Koryo comes across as maybe a little more 'lighter' on the feet? What do you think?
Yeah thats the way we are taught to do koryo. I have used parts from second half palgwe 8 in sd demos. There is a defence against a shoulder grab followed by a double punch up under their ribs. It works a treat.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like taeguk 4 and 5 a lot and for black belt I like Kungam very much cause it's forms that demands balance and it's easy to learn and to do.

Manny