Favorite movie martial arts lines

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my favorite of all time is in "Billy Jack". Billy is facing the redneck Posner who has about twenty guys ready to beat the crap out of Billy. Posner says to Billy, "do you really think your green beret karate tricks can win against all these guys?" Billy looks around, kind of nodding his head and says, "Do you know what I'm going to do just for the hell of it" Posner replies, "What's that?" and Billy Jack responds (And this is my favorite line) "I'm going to take this foot and whop you on that side of your face, and you know what? There's not a damn thing you can do about it" Posner replies "Really" and Billy says "really" and proceeds to deck Posner with an outside crescent kick to the face, shown from above, really cinematically well done.

Another is Bruce Lee's line in "Enter the Dragon", "Boards don't hit back" and Arnold Schwarzenegger's line in "Twins", "I have no respect for those who have no respect for logic!"

And of course Jim Kelly's "Your something out of a comicbook!" in Enter the Dragon.

What are some of your favorite lines in martial arts movies or movies with martial arts in them?

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How about Sho Kosugi in Revenge of the Ninja and Ninja 3 (4?) the Domination: "Only a ninja can kill a ninja."

Chuck Norris is a wealth of one liners. "When you least expect it, expect it," and "one day you'll wake up.... and it'll be time to die."

Showdown in Little Tokyo:
Brandon Lee: Are you gonna kill him?
Dolph Lundgren: Not today. Maybe later.

Later in the movie:
Dolph Lundgren: She was scared.
Brandon Lee: I saw you strip down for that hot tub. You've got the biggest **** I've ever seen on a man. I'd be scared too.

Not really a martial arts movie, but Commando was a one liner lover's dream.
Bill Duke: Are you scared mother ******? Well you should be. Cause this green beret's gonna kick your big a$$.
Arnold Schwarzenegger: I eat green berets for breakfast and right now I'm (Arnold punches Duke and sends him flying) very hungry.
Rae Dawn Chong: These guys eat too much read meat!!!

Daniel

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When Yip Man was playing with the northerner who challenged him, Yip Man's son came out on the tricycle and told his dad that his mom said if he didn't start fighting all the stuff in the house would break. ...Yip Man then proceeded to actually fight instead of toy with the guy.

When Yip Man had a closed doors test with the new kung fu teacher, he looked to his annoyed wife and said it would be "很快" "really quick"

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of my favorites is from Steven Segals first movie..He tells the bad guy " If I find out you lied to me I'm gonna come back and kill you in your own kitchen"...

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bolo Yeung in Bloodsport : Points at Van Damme

Very good but brick not hit back...... then later

You are next !!!!

Van Damme in Cyborg " FENDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR" when he kicks the mast and it breaks and he falls to the groud :p

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bull-Shi-t Mr. Hand Man!!! - Jim Kelly, Enter the Dragon

Why you no in uniform? (Silence - Just a cold stare) The best no liner by Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon.

Not a MA movie but Sean Connery in the Untouchables - They bring a knife to the fight, you bring a gun, that's the Chicago way.

wushuguy

Purple Belt
Reaction score
"Chinese are not sick men of Asia" - Chen Zhen (Jordan Chan) from Huo Yuan Jia 2007 TV series.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not martial arts, exactly but:

Stand By Me

Ace: What are you gonna do? Shoot us all?
Gordie: No, Ace. Just you.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about Sho Kosugi in Revenge of the Ninja and Ninja 3 (4?) the Domination: "Only a ninja can kill a ninja."

I was in uniform at the local mall walking to where our school was going to be doing a demo. This guy struck up a conversation with me & quoted that line as if I was a ninja & he was quoting it for truth. I just laughed & agreed & walked away.

Sho Kosugi is very underrated in the bad MA flick category. Few are as awesome as he is!:mst:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Chuck Norris: "If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you."

I believe it's from Code of Silence; although, I know he used it later in Walker, Texas Ranger as well.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jon: Are you the drunken boxer?

Wong Fei Hung: I dunno about boxing; but, I'm pretty drunk!

Ken Lo and Jackie Chan: Legend of the Drunken Master

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also:

Master Doe: Let me know...if you see...a Radio Shack

Kung Pow: Enter The Fist

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Po:
There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness.

Kung Fu Panda

Taekwonjojo92

White Belt
Reaction score
In my honest opinion this martial arts movie has some of the best quotes and one liners in the category...

Showdown in little Tokyo: Brandon Lee/Dolph Lundren:

Lee- "in between cooking cycles your supposed to baste us" "you have the right to an attorney, you have the right to be dead" "Kenner, just in case we get killed i wanted to tell you... You have biggest di** I've ever seen on a man"

Lundren: "come on guys don't do this. If I don't get breakfast I get real grumpy. I don't think you'll like me when I'm grumpy" "you have a bad habit of taping things. You also have a problem getting it up"

Lee and lundren:
1. Lee "you know all that upper body strength really slows you down" lundren "I'm not slow" lee "you didn't hit me" lundren "well if I did you wouldn't be here" lee "I'm not arguing..... But you didn't"
2. Lee "are you gonna kill him?" Lundren "not now, maybe later."
3. Lundren "sushi on the raw" lee " you know that thing I said about the fish? I could change my mind"
4. Lee "lets go find that @$$****" lundren " bad news, the @$$**** found us first"

I'll add my favorite Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa line too. Slash! After he cuts off a gang members arm "now you have one hand left to wipe your @$$ with! You wanna keep it?!"

Latest Discussions