Fav Kick?

P

progressivetactics

i always felt the spinning back kick was the most powerful kick for me. 1 of my fav's too!!!

P

progressivetactics

in TSD or in TKD, did they teach you jump out to in crescent as a tornado (ball of foot) or as a actual out to in crescent, just with jumping and turning first?

wow...did that make sense?

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The wheel kick for us (Kenpo) is like a roundhouse kick only instead of kicking with the ball of the foot, you kick with the instep or top of the foot- so your toes are pointed, not flexed back. It's got a really fast retraction to it so you can kick low then high or vice versa....or to varying levels rather quickly. I think it's been my favorite since I started martial arts. :asian: :karate:

OP
TallAdam85

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
karatekid 1975 i realy would like to know more about your wheel kick do u have any pics of some doing it?

is it like a cartwheel kick?

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wheel kick for TKD (like Karate Kid already said) is like a spinning hook kick but you keep the leg straight. This means you spin your rear shoulder back, whip your hip and raise your leg so that the back of the leg is sweeping around to lay into the target with the back of the heel.

For power I agree turning back kick or turning side kick are the most powerful on the spot kicks.

Kenpo calls roundhouse wheel kick? Interesting, we call the 2 varitations of roundhouse, roundhouse with the instep or roundhouse with the ball of the foot. But that would be head level.... for the torso it's called turning kick.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

S

sweeper

hehehe, in JKD they are all called hook kicks.

For power I would think a crossover side kick followed by the thai style round kick. I tihnk the power you can generate is about equal with each but the direction and focus of the side kick as well as the ability to follow through gives it greater affect.

J

J-kid

MT style leg kick would be my favorite. Followed by side then push kick.

D

dreamthief

i usually like simple kicks, like the low snap kick, best. it's not as showy nor as beautiful to watch as a jump or spin kick but i find it's simplicity a little more reassuring.

T

ThuNder_FoOt

I think my most favorite has to be the round kick. It can be thrown in any number of ways at any level (depending on your flexibility). Also, combined with good footwork, it can be thrown from just about any angle. You can jump with it, duck with it, side step with it, spin with it, pretty much anything! I've even heard stories of learning this kick really well, granting super powers :D!

Hehe, aside from the versitility of this kick... I believe this is my most trickest kick. I can pull off alot of feints and follow-ups with the round kick. Can't leave out the set-ups either. In TKD, I was taught a good round kick means a good foundation of kicking. Maybe thats why I love it so much :p. Definately my most favorite kick by far.

Just my $0.02 cents.:asian:

Latest Discussions