Falun Gong Health Effect Survey

Dao

Green Belt
Reaction score
"To determine the health effect of Falun Gong, we conducted a survey among some Falun Gong practitioner in five districts in Beijing, with 12,731 valid questionnaires. Our results show that Falun Gong’s disease healing rate is 99.1% with a cure rate of 58.5%; Improvement rate is 80.3% in physical health and 96.5% in mental health. The survey indicates that Falun Gong has a significant effect in disease healing and health promotion. Falun Gong is an excellent Qi-gong that benefits people both physically and mentally. "

source:

http://www.clearwisdom.net/eng/science_eng/survey98_1eng.htm

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
********. You can't ask practicioners if what they practice works, of course they think it works! It's almost insulting that we are expected to take this seriously.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Dao

Are you a member of Falun Gong?

If not you must realize anything that is said by Falun Gong is not to be trusted, they are a cult.

If you are a member....well.... I will stop there.

But a word of advice to all, unless you want to be put in the books by Falun Gong as a member it is best to avoid any of their functions. If you go join one of their Qigong classed you will be listed as a member. If you are invited to any of their functions be it an art show, health show or any other function as a presenter or teacher and you go they will put you down as a member.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Whats wrong about Falun Gong (Falun Dafa) as I don't know nothing about it.

I was checking an old post of mine on this and I think I got it a little mixed up. There were 2 incidents

The Fulan Gong founder combined some Buddhism and Taoism and made this little doll he told his followers it was God. They then approached the Chinese government and told then that they wanted Falun Gong to be recognized as the true and only religion in China.

The basic Government response was, what are you nuts...go away...

They then went and started handing out flyers in Tiananmen Square, which since the Tiananmen Square issues the Chinese Government is really touchy about ANYTHING in Tiananmen Square and every single Chinese person in Beijing knows one of the quickest ways to get yourself arrested is to go start something in Tiananmen Square. But back to the story, since the Chinese Govt did not want a repeat of the early Tiananmen Square incident they arrested all of the Falun Gong that were there. But after the arrest they did not want to hold them so they contacted the families of these people to come ad get them. The majority of the families responded with they left us a long time ago to go with Falun Gong and we have not heard from them since, we don't want em you keep em.

The Police released them after that

Then the founder had his followers block one of the major streets into Tiananmen Square, which caused a major back up and pretty much shut down Beijing. At that point the decided to go arrest the leader since he was the root of all the trouble, but they couldn't find him anywhere, it seems he had already fled the country with all the money his followers gave him. He flew STRAIGHT to America and plead Religious persecution by the horrible Chinese government. The US bought it hook line and sinker.

There is also a free Falun Gong paper that, my wife gets it because it is..well… free and some of the news is true, but it is full of false stories of things like a million people protest in NYC....I think that would have made the news here if that happened. And it lists how many people have quit the Chinese communist party and I think per Falun Gong and the numbers they are posting there are no Chinese communists left.

Also see post #3.

Basically they are a cult

OP
Dao

Dao

Green Belt
Reaction score
That's a total lie. There is no doll we worship. Tiananmen Square incident was because Falun Gong were being arrested. All they wanted was to be freely able to practice Falun Gong.

There is no doll worship. Really this sounds silly.

Also the Chinese government is harvesting organs. There's actual proof.

If you look at this video it's a start

It's not just Falun Gong, even Christians are not allowed to practice in China. All religions are closely monitored.

You can spread lies but the truth will always come out sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's a total lie. There is no doll we worship. Tiananmen Square incident was because Falun Gong were being arrested. All they wanted was to be freely able to practice Falun Gong.

There is no doll worship. Really this sounds silly.

Also the Chinese government is harvesting organs. There's actual proof.

If you look at this video it's a start

It's not just Falun Gong, even Christians are not allowed to practice in China. All religions are closely monitored.

You can spread lies but the truth will always come out sooner or later.

AHHH So you are a member then

I know people that lived in Beijing at the time this was occurring so I tend to believe them first and they are well educated Beijingren that lived rather near Tiananmen Square and are not (believe it or not) members of the communist party.

And now tell me what does Chinese government harvesting organs have to do with this post and Fulan Gong?

Dao believe what you will and since you are likely a member of Fulan Gong you will believe the Fulan Gong propaganda over anything else. Don't believe they are into propaganda, get the Chinese paper they give away for free and read it or get it translated and then compare it to real live news form the US and BBC.

There are multiple religions in China that practice that the Chinese government does not give a damn about, Christians being one of them. You want to go worship and not get in their face they don't care. However be you Christian, Buddhist, Taoist or Hindu you go and jump into Tiananmen Square or block a street you will be arrested and if you continue to be annoying to them (right or wrong) you are in for a world of hurt.

There is a Taoist temple in the middle of Beijing and Buddhist temples all around and I there are people openly practicing their religion in the parks and no one cares. Mount a protest or go into place like Tiananmen Square you are asking to be noticed.

China is not the US and it is not as free and it likely won't be anytime soon but every single Chinese person knows exactly what NOT to do and where and when NOT to do it to NOT get arrested. Fulan Gong is also VERY aware of this and uses it and its members to its advantage putting its own members in harms way to get a story. Fulan Gong is a cult that is all.

So back to your post...you didn't like the doll bits so how about the rest of the story.

And you might want to think about wht you said when you said "You can spread lies but the truth will always come out sooner or later" because Fulan Gong is very good a spreading lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Dao

Dao

Green Belt
Reaction score
They said strict censorship may "sow the seeds of disaster" for China's political transition.
Among the signatories are an ex-aide to Mao Zedong, a former newspaper editor and a former party propaganda chief.
"History demonstrates that only a totalitarian system needs news censorship, out of the delusion that it can keep the public locked in ignorance," the group said in the letter, according to Reuters news agency.
Have a nice evening!

Source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4712134.stm

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
"To determine the health effect of Falun Gong, we conducted a survey among some Falun Gong practitioner in five districts in Beijing, with 12,731 valid questionnaires. Our results show that Falun Gong’s disease healing rate is 99.1% with a cure rate of 58.5%; Improvement rate is 80.3% in physical health and 96.5% in mental health. The survey indicates that Falun Gong has a significant effect in disease healing and health promotion. Falun Gong is an excellent Qi-gong that benefits people both physically and mentally. "

source:

http://www.clearwisdom.net/eng/science_eng/survey98_1eng.htm

If indeed you are trying to present this as a valid scientific study by modern Western standards, you should be gang gonged.

Do you have any idea how many people in the West have been turned off to the Chinese arts by such absurd claims as are made in this "study"?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
If indeed you are trying to present this as a valid scientific study by modern Western standards, you should be gang gonged.

Do you have any idea how many people in the West have been turned off to the Chinese arts by such absurd claims as are made in this "study"?

You are going to have to explain, in relatively small words, the terms "placebo effect," "observer bias," and "experimenter's bias", and how a double blind study works. Good luck with that. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't see any proof about your claims. Without proof it's nothing.

Have a nice evening!

Same could be said for just about every single Fulan Gong claim. And much of the proof to refute many Fulan Gong claims are in the very paper Fulan Gong produces in Chinese. Translate it and compare it to any reputable news source

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Dao, you ever been to China?

And I think I touched on this freedom thing when talking the USA as compared to China in a previous post in this vary thread

None of this by the way supports anything you or anyone else says about Fulan Gong. It is however a tactic practice by many Fulan Gong people to throw up smoke screens and distract one from the topic and avoid answering questions about Fualn Gong and of course facing the reality of the situation.

Next of course will be the calling me a liar...oh wait you already did that. So next will be screaming that I either work for or am sent by the Chinese government to undermine Fulan Gong.

Dao, it’s been fun but one can't argue with a member of a cult and Fulan Gong is a cult and you are a member.

Have a nice day

OP
Dao

Dao

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks you're actually helping me. Someone is already interested in the practice. I asked for even one proof about your claims but you can't. Why would I scream about someone who is helping me?

Have a nice evening and thank you!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks you're actually helping me. Someone is already interested in the practice. I asked for even one proof about your claims but you can't. Why would I scream about someone who is helping me?

So what is Fulan Gong?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Ahh but you have not convinced me, and I cannot control what others think or do, should they choose to join a cult that is there business and if you call someone pointing out that fulan gong is a cult helping then expect loads of help from me.

As to proof I could ask the same of you and I have asked others of Fulan gong for proof as well about of any number of claims that fulan gong has made, particularly in their paper which you seem to be avoiding talking about. And generally the response is to point to things not associated with anything that Fulan Gong does or has said to throw one off the trail. I also have mentioned a few things and you have used the same tactic in order to avoid the actual truth about Fulan Gong.

Bottom-line is Fulan Gong is a cult that is all and you are a member of said cult and therefore will not believe anything anyone else says no matter what proof is presented. As I said you can't argue with a member of a cult.

And as I asked you before, and as you chose to not answer.

Dao, have you ever been to China? And if you choose to answer that, ever been to Beijing?

To all others if you train with or sign up to go to any Fulan Gong function you will find yourself listed as a member of fulan gong whether or not you want to be listed as such. But then your choice is just that your choice. There are other much more reputable and much better sources of Qigong training out there that have nothing to do with Fulan Gong and will give you much better training and not get you listed on the Fulan Gong books as a member without your knowledge.

Fulan Gong is a cult folks, you want to join a cult with or without your knowledge that is you choice

Edit

Oh and as to proof, I told you I know people that were in Beijing (that I trust much more than anyone from Fulan Gong) at the time this went on but I doubt they will post here and talk to you since they tend to not associate with Fulan Gong at all do to their feeling it is not a good thing and…well… a cult and really do not want to be listed as a member without thier consent. So they will not go to any Fulan Gong meeting to tell you what they know since they have no desire to be associated with Fulan Gong. Besides you know as well as I do (or maybe you don’t, but the founder of Fulan Gong does) eyewitnesses could show up with pictures, films and recordings and a few signed and notarized affidavits and you would still say there is no proof or the old line they were sent by the Chinese government to undermine and discredit Fulan Gong.

I must admit it is a pretty good strategy on the part of Fulan Gong however. Ask for proof and the only ones that have it, should they meet with you, show it to you, or discuss it with you get listed as members of something they do not want to be associated with in the first place so they stay away. Besides many Beijingren just think Fulan Gong is, to put it nicely, silly and they tend to ignore it.

Oh and Dao... Have a nice evening and thank you!

Last edited:

Latest Discussions