Facebook hackers nail WEC's Mike Brown

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
12-30-2009 09:05 AM:A new year can be a sad time for some but not Mike Brown. He lost the WEC featherweight belt in his last fight. Since then, in between training for his Jan. 10 fight against Anthony Morrison, he's had to spend way too much time repairing his image with some fans. Brown's Facebook page was hacked a few weeks ago and his wall has been filled with lots of nasty yet sometimes hilarious postings.

Many of the posts featured Brown supposedly hammering his old nemesis Urijah Faber. One had Brown calling Faber, a liberal California []douchebag. If you've seen Brown interviewed or read stories about him he's not the type of guy who would say something like that. But casual fans don't know:

"Some people might believe [it], if they don't know me. You might think that I might really say that. Some fighters talk [expletive] like that."

You can laugh it off but when it got to 10-plus messages, Brown got a little concerned about protecting his image.

"Half of the people don't even know me. They might just think that I'm crazy. Some fan who doesn't even follow the sport that well, might be like 'that Mike Brown's an [expeltive]. It's just a pain in the ***."

The hacker even changed Brown's status to "single" and starting sending nasty messages to his girlfriend:

They said, "'I'm gonna dump you and [expletive] your sister!'"

Stop chuckling. There's a serious side to this. Not only did the hackers go after Brown's Facebook page they also found their way into his real email accounts. Now identity thief might be the issue. Brown pulled his page yesterday and has a lawyer working on the case. What's to be scared of with Morrison in two weeks? At least Brown can see the guy trying to make his life hell.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.