Explain to the dumb Canadian...can everyone carry a concealed weapon in America?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Is that true? If your state has a "shall issue" law in effect, can EVERYONE have a gun? What is the process and restrictions to such a thing?

Threads of late have left me a little confused. My gun laws are so completely restricting and suffocating so it started me wondering what was different down in the states.

Lisa,

I know you are from Canada and all, but I still take exception to the title of your thread.

You are not Dumb. You are ignorant and willing to ask questions to correct the lack of knowledge. This most definitely is not dumb. ;) :D :) :asian:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In Illinois you cannot carry, period.

In some parts of Illinois you cant even OWN one in your home.

There is a waiting period for both handguns and shotguns/longrifles in Illinois, and you have to have a permit to PURCHASE a firearm or ammo.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Lisa,

I know you are from Canada and all, but I still take exception to the title of your thread.

You are not Dumb. You are ignorant and willing to ask questions to correct the lack of knowledge. This most definitely is not dumb. ;) :D :) :asian:

LOL, Thanks Rich.

But is a damn catchy little title, makes people open it and take a look. :)

Latest Discussions