Eddie Guerrero, dead at 38

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Numerous sources are reporting that Eddie was found dead this morning in his Minneapolis hotel room. No further news is available yet.

Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and his two daughters.

:(

SulsaPR

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Too Sad he was one of the wrestlers that makes me watch the show every week.

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's sad. I hope it's not drug related. I'm not assuming anything but I know that so many of the wrestlers are on pain killers (and sometimes other drugs).

The demands we as an audience place on them is unrealistic. The fans have seen so much and are no longer entertained by headlocks and crossbody presses.

Long ago Stan Hanson's "lariat" (just a running clothesline) was considered a big finishing move. Hulk Hogan's powerslam-leg drop combo or Randy Savage's elbow off the top rope was fantastic.

Now, innovators of the sport like Shawn Michaels and The Hardy Boys as well as many Japanese and Mexican wrestlers have shown us that Swanton Bombs and Moonsaults off of 13 foot ladders into opponents lying on tables are worth the price of admission. I admire all that those dedicated athletes do for the sake of our entertainment, ego statisfaction, and earning a paycheck.

Still, when people like Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, and Owen Hart are dead as a result, the price is very high. I too often feel like I'm in the Roman Colisseum watching gladiators fight to the death.

Condolences to the entire Guerrero family.

G

Gary Crawford

Wow! That blows my mind. I met him (sort of,briefly) in 1990 in Nashville when he came into this car dealership I was working at (briefly) in Nashville,he was there to see a friend of his who was a salesman there(ex wrestler) named Earny Le Near (a.k.a. The executioner).

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's so hard to believe he is dead. It just defies logic in my mind. Seeing on TV for so long, it is so hard to believe he is dead. He was so young too!

RIP Eddie Guerrero:asian:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Several of the guys at tonights TNA PPV were remembering him. Rhino and the former Dudleys had "Eddie" writen on their arms.

Also, the WWE did a joint RAW/Smackdown taping tonight. Reports from the show indicated that everything was dedicated to Eddie. No "storys", just solid matches, with video tributes to him in between.

Spoilers for this weeks RAW & Smackdown are here:
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=14373&p=1

From reading this, you can tell just how much he meant to the people he'd worked with. :(

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Autopsy is set for today. Early indications is heart failure. Eddie had past deamons, but friends swear he's been clean for 4 years.