Ed Martin in Illinois 10/23/2004

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score

Ed will be visiting with us on Saturday October 23rd 2004.

9:00am until 4 or 5:00pm.

The focus of this seminar will be small taijutsu, minimum movement for maximum results. Anyone who has trained with Ed knows this is his forte'.

This time we are offering a catered lunch from Jimmy Johns (Gourmet Sandwiches) for an additional fee. Lunch will be much shorter than in the past in order to maximize training time. To take advantage of this you must register early.

For more info go to:
http://www.earthwayjourney.com/Events/Ed_Martin_1004.htm

Markk Bush

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How can one not like Ed Martin? It's like saying you don't like clouds, or afternoons, or blankets. Totally pointless in other words.;)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Marrk,

Vic Just reminded me of this seminar Tuesday!

I typically post em here when you are having him out... welcome to the forums!

OP
T

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, its looking like we will have another strong turnout. I am realy looking forward to this one, I have asked Ed to show the things we dont normally see when he shows us a teqnique.......the stuff that leaves us scratching our heads......although, I am sure we will still leave scratching our heads anyway!

What I love about Ed's seminars is that the learning doesnt end with the seminar, you go home with so many ideas, not just ideas but a working knowledge to explore them. I am stoked!

See you on Saturday!

Markk

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once again, awesome seminar...

Thanks for having him out again Markk.

We covered many issues of space, and worked some of his concepts of "Old man taijutsu"... using minimal movement to achive maximum results.

The Seminar started out with his "Dynamic Stretching" breathing techniques, and moved into "disrupting" your opponents attack by changing his perception... where he was looking. That moved into avoiding attacks without moving too far out of the way...

(And oops... I got clocked a good one in the face... stupid me. I used a special technique called "Screw Up")

All of which came together in his "Old Man Taijutsu"... Great stuff!

What an awesome day of training!

OP
T

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am glad you enjoyed. I love having the opportunity to train with Ed, there is so much usable info with him. I got clocked pretty good too! Teaches you about the technique real fast doesn’t it? I didn’t make that same mistake twice!

I want to thank everyone who showed up for this one. I couldn’t have been more pleased with the level of camaraderie between dojo's There were so many people bouncing around and training with each other and I think it really paid off, I saw so many perspectives and little nuances that helped me immensely. Also, did you notice how rank was a total non-issue? We had Mukyu training with Shodan, Yondan and everywhere in between. The lack of ego is key to the Bujinkans future. We need to work together and grow from, and with each other.

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who attend....and to those who couldn’t make it, hopefully you can make the next one, you will not regret it.

Markk Bush

Latest Discussions