"Eat and run" folks stopped by Judo

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh. Don't mess with the restaurant owner who just happens to be a Judo teacher...

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1293332.html

The couple stretched a leisurely meal over five hours at Temple Restaurant, a high-end French-Asian restaurant at 1201 Harmon Place in downtown Minneapolis last month.

It featured several appetizers, two entrees of freshwater prawns, a good steak and plenty of pricey cocktails.

Then about 10 p.m., when the waiter was bringing dessert, they sneaked out, leaving an unpaid bill of $410.09.

Owner Thom Pham, who had seated them at a sidewalk table, was fuming.
"I was thinking, I hope to God I see these people again," he said. Three hours later, Pham got his wish.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that is just terrible behavior but fortunately the owner eventually caught them.
icon14.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A very nice 'kharmic' story there - if only it ended that way more often in the 'mean streets' of the world.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just goes to show you, you better pay right then and there, or you get tossed on the ground, thrown in jail, and have to pay even larger fees! Great going for the former instructor!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know, this story is weird. One of the guys was a cross dresser and apparently this couple was on one heck of a night out!