East Coast Workout Anyone?

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I say, while the summer is coming, it's the best time to try this idea. People (us?) used to go distance for tournaments, etc.. why not an idea exchange day? It's not paying a lot, then a fight, loss, day over...

It is the best thing to be peer based. I remember many old schoolers who talked about that being the way it was back then, more than teacher student. Plus, from the other threads with this idea, many seemed interested (if only a little) to try this.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm willing to host something towards the end of the summer. It would literally be out of my garage...but I could do so for no cost and no politics. :D

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
If it's in Mass, count me in!!! If it's after the 12th, I'll be out with my fiance and soon to be stepkids from June 30th - July 12th. I just had a spinal fusion, so I might not be in top form, but I'll be there!!!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not in Mass., but I'm close (Nashua). No worries about being in good form or in good shape. I haven't trained much at all over the last couple of years.

The chance to workout and get together is more important than anything else IMO :)

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can fit about 10 in my Barn....If the weather is good I can easily fit 100+ in a field....
I'm 20+ miles north of Boston....

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok its January we started talking about an east coast workout back in July. Lets make it happen. I'm looking for those who would truely be interested to travel to others schools and to host a workout where you are. Lets start by giving our city and state so the first workout can be as centralized as possible. Once we have an idea of who will be there lets discuss an agenda for the days work out.

I'm in Seekonk, MA....

Anybody else.....

New Jersey here. Im interested in this.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder if this could ever happen. We keep losing so many.

It has happened at least once. I had about 10 of the people posting in this thread and their friends attend an event I sponsered on the commen in town. Many brought some of their student and we all learned from one another. Some of the people traveled 4 hours to get to the event. After we all went to my place(at the time) and had a cook out then just sat around and talked.
So if anyone has enough school or members in their area it is possible for it to happen again.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If it happens, count me in! I live in the Boston area. I'd love to meet and learn from you guys.

And I'll bring FOOD.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
P.S.
That's Italian food I'm talking about. Eggplant Parm and killer Rissoto. Some nice shrimp and pasta, too!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
so this thread has come to life once again and I was wondering how many would be willing to make a trip to Athol, Ma. on an upcoming Sat. for a get together?
An exchange of ideas and techniques or just a meeting and hamburgers and hotdogs, etc. or a training session followed by food. I'd say drinks but will most likely have the meet at the salvation army in town because i can get the facility for free if it rains. Uniforms or casual dress I don't care.
If we can get even 4 0r 5 people and maybe a couple of students I think we can do this.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Count me in! There is one weekend that I'll be flying away, probably five or six weeks from now, but other than that, I'm there. And again, I'll bring food.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
if i can get my wife to take the day off from work to watch my son, ill be there. i just need a little advanced notice.

Latest Discussions