Drunk driver gets into more trouble after posting Facebook photo

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sullivan, 17, of Linden Avenue, North Tonawanda, was sentenced Wednesday afternoon to six months in the County Jail and five years' probation for crashing her car while drunk and killing her boyfriend May 30 on Sweeney Street in North Tonawanda.
She pleaded guilty Nov. 18 to criminally negligent homicide and misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.
The Buffalo News has learned that Sullivan went to Florida a month after the crash and posted a photo on her Facebook Web page captioned, "Drunk in Florida."
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/937238.html?imw=Y

Yeah...underage, dwi, accident killing 2 people....hmmm...lets update FB and say we're drunk still.
Smart Girl.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What an ***. Serves them right for getting into more trouble. People dont think, before they act.

72ronin

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Surely they arent proud of it? How about the "how cool is that".. Time to strengthen the penalties for drink driving i say, its a careless act that more often than not results in deaths, and should be punished as severely as possible, in every case.

It amazes me some of the people driving cars, 1.5 tonne of death in fools hands.. I can protect my family from all sorts of dangers out there, and then some $#@# driving their car can just wipe my family out.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Assisted with an OVI/DWI arrest of a 17 yo...After processing him he was given his phone call...His comment to whomever he called was " I just got arrested for DWI" How cool is that???"
Couple years back, I investigated a case of illegal dumping. Some kids had dumped the evidence from a pretty good party (judging by quantity of empties) before their parents could see it, been seen, and the tag got reported. The witness didn't really want to cooperate, and so no charges... but I had friendly chat with the young lady who had been driving and her parents.

I guess the lesson didn't stick, because about a month or so later, I stop a car full of kids. Guess who the driver was? Guess who wasn't sober. Or even close... (Not to mention the others who were in illegal possession of alcohol and/or drunk.)

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
This story is very disturbing. One lesson which my wife and I persistently emphasized with our son -- long before he drove or drank -- is that a DUI is unacceptable and that if he ever found himself arrested for one, not to bother calling us to bail him out.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a real Einstein there. :rolleyes:

I guess killing her boyfriend wasn't a big enough lesson? Let's do it again? WTF?!

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Couple years back, I investigated a case of illegal dumping. Some kids had dumped the evidence from a pretty good party (judging by quantity of empties) before their parents could see it, been seen, and the tag got reported. The witness didn't really want to cooperate, and so no charges... but I had friendly chat with the young lady who had been driving and her parents.

I guess the lesson didn't stick, because about a month or so later, I stop a car full of kids. Guess who the driver was? Guess who wasn't sober. Or even close... (Not to mention the others who were in illegal possession of alcohol and/or drunk.)

Who really is stupid...... the drivers who don't learn or the sheeple society that lets them behind the wheel over and over again?

We have seen cases here recently where the criminals had 7 to 9 prior convictions and were still on the road.... drunk. Another had over 25 unlicensed operator charges when he was caught behind the wheel.

Is there some point where we say: enough. When do we decide that the felons aren't the only ones who,"have rights"?

Maybe when we start imposing mandatory (and strict) prison terms and asset forfeiture (upon conviction) it might be safe to go on the road again.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who really is stupid...... the drivers who don't learn or the sheeple society that lets them behind the wheel over and over again?

We have seen cases here recently where the criminals had 7 to 9 prior convictions and were still on the road.... drunk. Another had over 25 unlicensed operator charges when he was caught behind the wheel.

Is there some point where we say: enough. When do we decide that the felons aren't the only ones who,"have rights"?

Maybe when we start imposing mandatory (and strict) prison terms and asset forfeiture (upon conviction) it might be safe to go on the road again.

Agree wholeheartedly.

This is just one week's report from one segment of my commute home.

That drunk could have just as easily hit me instead of an oil truck. Fortunately the oil truck driver was unhurt.

December 17, 2009 at 12:50 AM the Londonderry Police Department was called to a motor vehicle accident in the area of Route 102 and Avery Road....Jason Babbidge...was traveling West on Route 102 at the time of the accident....left the westbound lane and entered into the eastbound lane colliding with the tractor trailer truck.

For Date: 12/16/2009 – Wednesday
0051 Initiated – MOTOR VEHICLE STOP ARR Arrest(s) Made
DERRY – NASHUA RD
OFFICER CHRISTOPHER J WIGGIN
Arrested: GENDREAU, MICHAEL E
Of: 13 BARKLAND DR DERRY, NH
DOB: 03/27/1987
Charges: DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR LIQUOR
http://www.londonderrynh.net/?p=15220
http://www.londonderrynh.net/?p=15279