Don your helmets ladies and gents...ya wanna play?

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow. That seems dumb.

Perfect for teenage guys and others with extra high testosterone levels

[searches for old lacrosse helmet...]

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Am I getting old or are kids getting stupider? :idunno:

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope. They appear to be just as stupid as I was. They're just supervised less effectively and punished with less regularity.

The ONLY reason we didn't swordfight with the flourescent tubes we found that one time was because we all knew our dads would whip the hell out of us if we got caught.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Am I getting old or are kids getting stupider? :idunno:

Yes, to both. :lol:

Nope. They appear to be just as stupid as I was. They're just supervised less effectively and punished with less regularity.

The ONLY reason we didn't swordfight with the flourescent tubes we found that one time was because we all knew our dads would whip the hell out of us if we got caught.

And that is, I think, the key. There are so many things I see kids do that would have gotten me in deep kimchee as a kid, and therefore I never did them.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pity they're not hitting each other in the goolies. Then they'd be removing those defective genes...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so being honest here, who at 13-14 would have been all over this idea?

What do you mean "would have?" Ever hear of bumper sledding? (We tried to make actual bumper skis to be towed behind a car similar to waterskiing... but had trouble making workable bindings. Lots of fun... of course it got a little wild on turns...) And we fought bare knuckle for fun; used bb guns to play war, and lots more insane things.

Y'know... come to think of it, I know I've got a helmet and a pair of hockey gloves somewhere around here!:boxing:

WIMP! We did! :duel: Only problem is that you really only get one clash out of each tube... and the powder in there burns something awful in cuts and scrapes.

We also had sword fights with wooden blades, and metal blades, too!

I'm personally refreshed when I find kids outside being reasonably stupid. It tells me there's hope that the kids today will become something other than pasty couch potatoes with overdeveloped fingers and hand-eye coordination.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I use my bag gloves or should I use something different? :D

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Helmets are for wimps!
boxing_smiley.gif

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well I rode my skateboard down a slide quite often and I'd never even heard of protective gear so I can't say anything......

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At least they are using helmets....

When I was a kid, we'd climb in trees, cut down branches and then use them as swords to BEAT each other. It took a few broken fingers to figure out that we should use hockey gloves....our heads never broke, so no need for helmets!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does my earlier participation in 'phoon sailing - using bedsheets to race shopping carts during typhoon season - prevent me from pointing and laughing at these kids?

Oh, no. It does not. Ha-ha!

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I never did anything that dumb when I was a kid (though, at 26, some would say I still AM a kid), but I would be mocking the idiots on the sidelines.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I never did anything that dumb when I was a kid (though, at 26, some would say I still AM a kid), but I would be mocking the idiots on the sidelines.

I think this sort of thing is a definately a Male sort of thing to do :)

You girls have your own set of stupid things to do when young, this is one of ours :D