Does your multivitamin contain lead???

Discussion in 'Health Tips for the Martial Artist' started by shesulsa, Jan 19, 2007.

1. shesulsa

shesulsa Columbia Martial Arts Academy

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • LifeTime Supporting Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    A vitamin a day may do more harm than good

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

2. Shirt Ripper

Shirt Ripper Black Belt

Interesting...I'd like to see the research.

3. Makalakumu

Makalakumu Gonzo Karate Apocalypse

• MartialTalk Mentor
    I am very wary of supplements of any type...and this is just another example of why I think its good to be wary.

This industry is booming and many people are making money hand over fist. However, if you understand business and you understand what people do in order to make money, you'll realize that your health is not the number one priority. Making money is.

With that being said, I think it is a safe assumption that if a business can take a shortcut that is going to increase it's bottom line, it will. And in many cases, it won't matter if its illegal, because the amount of money you can make up front is just too enticing. And then there are all those gray areas where the legality is undefined. If shortcuts can be taken in that shady place, they will be taken because its good for the shareholders.

A good example of this is coral calcium. Every supplement my chiropractor uses, he sends off to get a private chemical assay. This, btw, is not a common practice in the health industry. Most people just beleive what they are told. Anyway, he recieved a popular coral calcium sample and was interested so he sent it to be tested. When the results came back, it became apparent that the company had pretty much just swept a bunch of crap into a jar and shipped it off. Unfortunately, this is all to common in this industry.

Scary.

4. Shirt Ripper

Shirt Ripper Black Belt

Skeptisism is one of our greatest, and most unused gifts.

5. Dave Simmons

Dave Simmons Green Belt

I, too am very skeptical of supplements! After alot of research I have found a product that is high quality and seems to help the martial arts practitioner tissue repair and energy levels. I am an advocate: http://www.monavie.com/davesimmons check it out!123