Does Anyone Know This 8th Dan Hapkido

B

Black Belt FC

Grandmaster Aleksey claims to be 8th dan Hapkido, does anyone know him????

Anyone higer than Gm's Thomas and Whalen for example should be well known......
nixweiss.gif

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm....."Hapkido Shoes"??

Something tells me....:bs:

Maybe someone who actually knows him will come along...but the vibe I get from that site is ...well....interesting. Anything "Ancient" and "Royal" with "Iron" and "Fist" in it sets of my red-flag-o-meter. That's my 2 c's.

Kumbajah

Purple Belt
Reaction score
"Iron Fist Ancient Royal Hapkido, teaches and instructs the following elements to beginners with their training: Understanding Iron Fist Ancient Royal HapKido, understanding Combat HapKido,..."

Combat Hapkido - hmmmmm

Maybe a Clue

Brian

OP
B

Black Belt FC

More Clues.............................

This is from their website..........

"
Dear Hapkido Federation Members, and friends

It has been a very successful season for the Iron Fist Ancient Royal HapKido Federation. Without your continued support and participation in this federation, the teachings of our art of Iron Fist Ancient Royal Hapkido would have not been publicized like it is today. We take this opportunity to thank those who have helped to make this possible.

The New Membership Certificates are ready for distribution for this year. The different types of Certificates that are available this year, according to your personal needs or qualifications, are: The Annual Membership Certificate fee is still only $25. Associates Certificates fee is only $100. This Membership is required to be re-newed annually. The next type of Certificates that are being distributed are the Black Belt Certificates. The dues for these Certificates are: for first degree $600., second degree $1000, third degree $1500., and fourth degree $2000. respectively. Another type of Certificate that are available exclusively only to the Association Members, is the Official Letter of Appointment. This is a necessary requirement in order to become a Sanctioned and Certified HapKido Instructor. This Certificate can be issued at a fee of $500.

Once again, the Federation thanks you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Master David, MA, Ph.D. (h.c.)
Federation President

"
nixweiss.gif

OP
B

Black Belt FC

Their history is even more interesting reading.....................Historical???

The origins of the Martial Art of Hapkido reach into history over 3000 years ago. The spread of the Art is closely tied to the spread of Buddhism. Its techniques were handed down through travelling monks and royalty as a means of self-protection and defense. Both Buddhism and Hapkido became popular among the Korean upper classes and Royalty.

When the three kingdoms of Korea united and became the KOROYO dynasty, many Hapkido Masters were called to the Palace, and Hapkido became a Royal Martial Art.

After many years, as B uddhism began to be replaced by Confucianism, Hapkido seemed to disappear among the general population. It was, however, kept alive by monks and Royal officials, and practiced in secrecy.

The practice of the Art was again revived during the Korean Conflict in the 1950's. Since that time, the ancient Martial Art has spread throughout the world.
toilet_claw.gif

OP
S

SmellyMonkey

Black Belt FC said:
Their history is even more interesting reading.....................Historical???

The origins of the Martial Art of Hapkido reach into history over 3000 years ago. The spread of the Art is closely tied to the spread of Buddhism. Its techniques were handed down through travelling monks and royalty as a means of self-protection and defense. Both Buddhism and Hapkido became popular among the Korean upper classes and Royalty.

When the three kingdoms of Korea united and became the KOROYO dynasty, many Hapkido Masters were called to the Palace, and Hapkido became a Royal Martial Art.

After many years, as B uddhism began to be replaced by Confucianism, Hapkido seemed to disappear among the general population. It was, however, kept alive by monks and Royal officials, and practiced in secrecy.

The practice of the Art was again revived during the Korean Conflict in the 1950's. Since that time, the ancient Martial Art has spread throughout the world.
toilet_claw.gif
I heard one of the participants in Royal Super Dooper Hapkido Federation say this about his master:

My Master can kill anyone he wants! He cuts off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. This guy is so crazy and awesome that he flips out ALL the time. I heard that he was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon my master killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw my master totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

(Credit goes to http://www.realultimatepower.net/index3.htm)

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
he's also a high dan in jido kwon tkd, lol.

the art is ji do kwan, and it is not a form of tkd. it is a predecessor of tkd.

paul's got it right.... run the flag up the pole.

OP
B

Baytor

Kumbajah said:
"Iron Fist Ancient Royal Hapkido, teaches and instructs the following elements to beginners with their training: Understanding Iron Fist Ancient Royal HapKido, understanding Combat HapKido,..."

Combat Hapkido - hmmmmm

Maybe a Clue

Brian
I didn't see anything on that site that indicated any association with the International Combat Hapkido Federation. I think that they were using the phrase "combat hapkido" as a general discription for close quarters combat. At least, that's what I'm really hoping, because this guy really looks full of crap.
I know that you guys don't have a lot of respect for Combat Hapkido, but I can tell you that we're not all imcompetent mcdojo scamartists. My instructor is very good, otherwise I wouldn't be training with him.

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"Ok, folks. Next item is marked "Hapkido Integrity". 'fraid its a bit dinged up.
What do I have for an opening bid? "

"Ok. Lets start at a dollar. "

"Ok. How about a dime? "

"a nickel?"

"How 'bout a plug nickel? "

"C'mon, Folks, I can get that much for just the 11th dan certificate that goes along with it!! C'mon. Whatamy bid?"

(Sheesh.... and people wonder where my attitude comes from........)

Best Wishes,

Bruce

iron_ox

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am curious, why was this guy singled out to be questioned Master Lugo? Is it becasue he is in the same state as you or the same area? Is it his credentials, rank, what is the issue here?

Again, some weird stuff on this site such as: "Weapon techniques include training with the short stick, staff, knives, cane, halberd, sword, handguns, and shotguns."

OP
B

Black Belt FC

Hi

This gentlemen and school is not in anyway competition to my school in anyway, I mainly ask for more info since I met him in person. On our encounter he promptly requested to know my rank, which I freely gave, once received he promptly informed me of his 8th dan a grade which is backed by his federation.

The issue for me is that there’re good Hapkido Master out there for example Whalen, Thomas, Timmerman (Canada), West, Shaw to named a few who are the front runners of Hapkido in America and should be recognized as such. When someone comes along and claims high rank is it not justified to question them?

I have nothing againts this gentlement , in fact he invited me to his school, but prefer to check-up first before I do that.

Lugo

American HKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings,

This Guy hasn't done anything to anyone on this board, and I find it extremely dis-tasteful and in bad character to be singling him out and making fun of what he's doing!

I think you should all stop immediately!

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Stuart:

I am hard-pressed to find where anyone has taken you to task for your particular view of Hapkido arts and their practice. Similarly I am unable to find where this gentleman has networked with other Hapkido practitioners or has validated his training or practice in any way. What I HAVE identified is a person who has assumed the use of the term "hapkido" and ascribed to himself a significant position in the leadership of this art. I have no problem with him doing this. It goes without saying, however, that when a person takes to himself such a position, that he will be able to authenticate or validate that position or prepare himself to accept the consequences of his choices. Failing that, perhaps he is best served by folding his tents and selecting another art to exploit. In the final analysis I am not sure that I am willing, any further, to sit by quietly while yet another individual uses the art I have studied for near two decades to feather his nest. Were that the case I humbly submit that you can send your $$$$ to me and I will do my best to furnish you with the fancy wallpaper of your choice. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

iron_ox

Black Belt
Reaction score
Black Belt FC said:
The issue for me is that there’re good Hapkido Master out there for example Whalen, Thomas, Timmerman (Canada), West, Shaw to named a few who are the front runners of Hapkido in America and should be recognized as such. When someone comes along and claims high rank is it not justified to question them?

Do you mean Scott Shaw? Ponytail Scott Shaw? A leader? You lost me there.

American HKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
glad2bhere said:
Dear Stuart:

I am hard-pressed to find where anyone has taken you to task for your particular view of Hapkido arts and their practice. Similarly I am unable to find where this gentleman has networked with other Hapkido practitioners or has validated his training or practice in any way. What I HAVE identified is a person who has assumed the use of the term "hapkido" and ascribed to himself a significant position in the leadership of this art. I have no problem with him doing this. It goes without saying, however, that when a person takes to himself such a position, that he will be able to authenticate or validate that position or prepare himself to accept the consequences of his choices. Failing that, perhaps he is best served by folding his tents and selecting another art to exploit. In the final analysis I am not sure that I am willing, any further, to sit by quietly while yet another individual uses the art I have studied for near two decades to feather his nest. Were that the case I humbly submit that you can send your $$$$ to me and I will do my best to furnish you with the fancy wallpaper of your choice. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Bruce,

Don't get defensive here. I too don't like it when people make false claims regarding thier status in HKD, but you don't know what he knows or doesn't know.

The best way to find out is call him or e-mail him if your concerned about his credentials and you might as well call all the people who make similar claims I sure you'll find no shortage of people.

But really there's not much anyone can do without a universal governing body of sorts.

Save that for another thread if you please.

glad2bhere

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Stuart:

I'm not sure at all how you are getting "defensiveness" out of my post. And how is it that what I am saying needs to be saved for another thread? I think I was quite clear.

Someone asked why not appraoch GM Seo regarding where he received his rank from. I said I had posed this question and related the response I received. What part of this is unclear?

As far as the role of leadership, it may be that your more liberal approach to such things is skewed in some fashion which I do not understand. Placing that to oneside I can state only that if a person represents themselves as a "leader" in the Hapkido community I feel I have license to expect that they actually LEAD. For me this is much more than simply assuming a title, determining marketing strategies or performing photo-ops. As Rudy pointed out, GM Seo is still teaching and I would expect no less. I also think it is fair to expect that GM Seo take a pro-active approach in reconciling with other Hapkido leaders to present a more unified art. I DON'T consider simply advocating his own particular brand of Hapkido leadership per se. As we have seen, any putz with a self-appointed 10th dan can do that much. People like Ji, Seo, Lee and Kimm have name recognition in the Hapkido community and I would like to see them use that name recognition to benefit the larger Hapkido community.

You may want to ask yourself why some 4th Dan Nobody from the American Midwest has to work overtime to get a minimal standard, uniform nomenclature, adoption of a single training do-bok, etc. going while these suppose leaders are counting their cash. Whats up about that?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

OP
W

whalen

American HKD said:
Greetings,

This Guy hasn't done anything to anyone on this board, and I find it extremely dis-tasteful and in bad character to be singling him out and making fun of what he's doing!

I think you should all stop immediately!

For what it is worth i was contacted some time ago about this person and I contacted several Men that have been in Hapkido Longer than myself and also asked about this guy ?

They have never heard of him either ? Is Master Lugo off base ? NO he is not, he asked a simple question from people that "TALK" about the wrongs of Hapkido and what is to be done

Does this man list Who he trained with ? Where ? when ? no he does not why ? Is he ashamed,trying to hide something ? Ask me about my Master's and I will give you their phone numbers.

When this NUT from Germany claimed to invent this NEW Hapkido everyone jumped on him ? Does it matter Do you teach in Germany ?

At what point do we listen to the questions ?

Lugo anytime you have a question contact me. I will as i have done in the past get you an answer or find someone that will.you have earned my respect let the "talkers talk"

HAPKI.....

Hal whalen

OP
W

whalen

glad2bting strategies You may want to ask yourself why some 4th Dan Nobody from the American Midwest has to work overtime to get a minimal standard said:
As far as I can tell they are all promoting Hapkido in their own way. I can assure you they would rather channel their energies in a more constructive way than, such major decisions as uniforms.

All of these So called leaders all have their own standards maybe next they should consult with you first.

Hapki....

Hal whalen

Latest Discussions