Do your neighbours know you have guns?

Do your neighbours know you have guns?

• Yes they do and I don't mind!

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Yes they do and they have them too!

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No they don't and I don't want them to.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No they don't but I don't care either way.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jlhummel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Its really interesting reading the different answers like the Texas member I live in rural Michigan about 20 minutes from the capital, Lansing, we actually have schools take a day off and where I work shuts down for the opening day of deer season. I would be more surprised if my neighbor didnt have at least a shot gun. I really would have a problem with anyone who thought they had a right to question my right to have a gun in my house. Dont know how anyone would tolerate that at all.

jlhummel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I reread everyones response and it really does surprise me that in the area I am from (in Michigan) it is more un-usual to not have a firearm in your house or to at least have hunted and or done some target practice. I did a quick poll here at work and even the two women in my department (engineers) have at least target practiced before. I think that it is pretty obvious that the part of the country you are from has a big effect on how you will answer this question. Like I said earlier i would be more surprised if my neighbors didnt have a gun and I personally want the rest of the world to not only know I have a weapon in my house but be very sure I will use it to protect my family.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I reread everyones response and it really does surprise me that in the area I am from (in Michigan) it is more un-usual to not have a firearm in your house or to at least have hunted and or done some target practice. I did a quick poll here at work and even the two women in my department (engineers) have at least target practiced before. I think that it is pretty obvious that the part of the country you are from has a big effect on how you will answer this question. Like I said earlier i would be more surprised if my neighbors didnt have a gun and I personally want the rest of the world to not only know I have a weapon in my house but be very sure I will use it to protect my family.
It's the same here in central Missouri. It's assumed most folks have guns of some sort.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do your neighbours know you have guns? If they don't they are BLIND..More than once I've walked into the house wearing my uniform duty rig instead of changing in the garage...The neighbors on one side are a retired couple and are good people, the ones on the other are not..

HM2PAC

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Out here in Maine, most everyone has firearms. We know who in the community doesn't have them.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a Dillion and a couple other reloading presses and related reloading equipment in the garage that you can see from the street if my garage door is open. Had a few friendly neighbors ask what they were....so they know I have ammo! I think most people have no idea what they are.

Last edited:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I owned guns and my neighbors did not know I owned them or if the police did not know then I would certianly not say i did on an open forum

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the Live Fire Range and all the warning signs saying Danger! Firing Range may tip some of the nieghbors off. Ohhh and the noise or maybe some one yelling "Pull!". or not.
Lori

anubis4b

White Belt
Reaction score
Most of my neighbors know that I have firearms. They have seen me go to and from the house in my uniform. A few are fellow hunters, and we compare the day in the woods. I have a couple of fellow officers on the street, as well as, a retired sheriff's deputy a couple of houses down. None of us hide the fact that we have firearms and know how to use them. We have a couple of houses on the street that are rental property. One of the renters said that she decided to move on the street because there are several law enforcement officers in the area. She feels that this would be a safe place for her to raise her two boys. Knock on wood, this is a pretty quiet neighborhood.

HM2PAC

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We even hold the annual "Deer Opener Hunter's Breakfast" at our local elementary school.

Latest Discussions