• Yes, but it doesn't bother me at all

• No, I am lucky

Results are only viewable after voting.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I do or not, and I'm kind of afraid to ask. I often have bad hip pain when I first wake up, but I have serious osteoporosis there, apparently... not sure why, I do ferocious weight training which ought to snuff out any bone mass reduction overnight, but there it is. I don't have serious joint pain otherswise...

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I do or not, and I'm kind of afraid to ask. I often have bad hip pain when I first wake up, but I have serious osteoporosis there, apparently... not sure why, I do ferocious weight training which ought to snuff out any bone mass reduction overnight, but there it is. I don't have serious joint pain otherswise...

I am of the belief that there is no scary answer to a question. What is scary is not knowing and having it hit you straight out of left field. I would rather know what I am up against and the best way to treat it. Go see a doctor. ;) :)

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm already worried about arthritis.. I see what it's done to my dad and his hands, and I fear I've inherited the same problem. Also the extensive damage I've done to my joints already probably wont help matters any. My dad was just taken off his arthritis meds by his doctor because it was messing with his liver, dangerously so, fortunately he doesn't drink. But it has me worried, mostly for him, but also for me for when the time comes.

Anyone know of any good information I can pass on to my dad?
Any preventative measures out there that will help me?

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have it in my left hand (writing hand) pretty bad sometimes its worse than others and in my right hand but not nearly as bad

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had juvenile arthritis when I was 8-12 years old. It sucked. Kept me from playing any cold weather sports. Being that young it was tough to explain to my parents what I was feeling. Just thought it was normal. In the late 70's they wer not doing to much with juvenile arthritis. These days it is awesome to see so much attention and funding going towards research. As I turned 17 I grew over foot in less tan 2 years. My doc says the arthritis is sure to come back.

Latest Discussions