Do people not like Kristen Stewart?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I said that without really caring much. But apparently she is some sort of krotty expert.
This made me look it up. Apparently did karate as a kid, no idea if she still does. And started doing a BJJ program meant for celebs. Here's a quote about it
“I created a new jiu jitsu system for people who can’t get hurt. It’s technical training. They learn jiu-jitsu and technically train, but it’s all safe. I created a type of jiu-jitsu for the Beverly Hills clientele. Competition, sparring… these guys can’t do that. I can’t even take a 1% chance of them getting hurt. I have 18 celebrities doing this program. Some guys have to sign disclosure agreements; others like Ashton Kutcher and Mickey Rourke come in regularly, while Usher comes in once and a while and Vin Diesel when he’s in town.”

So sounds like they learn the moves, but don't roll.

Also given that some of the sites seem to refer to that bjj place as karate, I'm not sure I'd trust them to know if she trained karate vs. tkd vs. krav vs. just about anything else as a kid.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This made me look it up. Apparently did karate as a kid, no idea if she still does. And started doing a BJJ program meant for celebs. Here's a quote about it

Also given that some of the sites seem to refer to that bjj place as karate, I'm not sure I'd trust them to know if she trained karate vs. tkd vs. krav vs. just about anything else as a kid.
Also mentioned in an interview or something that she trained some boxing and kickboxing to prep for some of her recent roles.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would actually be very surprised if she has armed bodyguards.
Why? Why would you be surprised if a high profile actress has armed bodyguards? Its quite common for people in that walk of life.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
This made me look it up. Apparently did karate as a kid, no idea if she still does.
Apparently she learned some basics when she was working on her role in Charlie's Angels since her character is supposed to know some martial arts, but I never heard of her doing it as a kid, do you have a source?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yeah. The style of BJJ Ashton Kutcher is a brown belt is.

Tragic to think I am getting a better service from my club for bugger all money than they are from that over charged nonsense.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently she learned some basics when she was working on her role in Charlie's Angels since her character is supposed to know some martial arts, but I never heard of her doing it as a kid, do you have a source?
google her and karate, it showed up within the first few links in an interview.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Brad Pitt and Angelina jolle had one guy. And a bunch of us Muppets floating around.

I bodyguarded his door.
You? That makes no sense. Why wouldn't they hire a self defense expert... someone who knows a thing or two about real world violence?

Seriously, though, I don't know much about how celebrities roll, but I'd be shocked if many of them have full time bodyguards.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some have security guys who work part time for them, usually on a need basis. Some will have a security guy(s) when shooting on location overseas, also as needed, but most of those are provided by the studio.

Unless there's a threat or a stalker, most of the folks I know from the industry live regular lives, more or less, and utilize certain services where people are on call if needed.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You? That makes no sense. Why wouldn't they hire a self defense expert... someone who knows a thing or two about real world violence?

Seriously, though, I don't know much about how celebrities roll, but I'd be shocked if many of them have full time bodyguards.
well, that family was high profile with paparazzi and probably with nut jobs as well!

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
google her and karate, it showed up within the first few links in an interview.
Source?

When I do google her and karate I get stories about her going to a class with girlfriend Dylan Meyer, this was to prepare her for her role in Charlie's Angels.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe it's situational. Do you know for sure that Kristen Stewart has an armed bodyguard?
Its reasonable to assume she does since I've known people who were bodyguards for celebrities of lower profile than her.

Latest Discussions