did you ever go to the shrine?

bluenosekenpo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
ok, here's the deal, i recently had the good fortune to go to greece with my family, while there we went to ancient olympia, while there i got to play (fight...sort of) with my daughters (8 & 10) and my wife, in the pallaistra! all on video! for those that don't know, this is where boxing, wrestling and pancration(mma) started! aside from the fun aspect, i found it almost a religious experience. really, fighters from thousands of years ago stood where i stood! what a rush. has anyone else ever been to a similar place that holds profound meaning to you? sorry if it sounds like bragging...no i'm not:ultracool i hope you all at some point, will have the opportunity to visit your equivalent of the pallaistra.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
You know how you feel. I had the great fortune to go to Okinawa last summer and train. While there we toured the island and went to Shuri Castle. I also had the opportunity to go to the tombs of Bushi Matsumura and Ankoh Itosu. It was an honor to be at their tombs and the feeling was incredible.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the most beautiful places and a place of great
martial spirituality was a Shinto Shrine devoted to
the martial arts that I went to and trained at in Japan!
That was a breathtaking experience to say the least and
I look forward to going back their next year and training again!
It was a real rejuvenating feeling and very, very cool!

Brian R. VanCise

Latest Discussions