Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Kung Fu and Grappling?
By TigerClaw - 11-25-2008 10:49 AM
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

Hello all,

I am aware that kung fu has grappling in different style. But it seems that a modern misconception is that kung fu does not have ground fighting or real grappling and therefore it is not useful for an attacker who take you to the ground. I don't agree with those who imply this. It seems that because of much of the MMA fighting we see on TV today that Kung Fu is not practicle for such combat. Again, I don't agree with this. Kung fu is for survival and combat not a sport as we see on TV, there are no rules in the street.

Does anyone here agree with this? By the way, I know that we can learn from all styles and incorporate them into kung fu , but I thnik there is such a massive resource of kung fu styles and techniques to be exhausted before we need to abandon our kung fu and become grapplers. By the way I have learnd from my study of Jujitsu and other grapplimng type fighting styles. But I add a kung fu flavour to it. I want to end the fight as fast as posiible and not wrestle on the ground especially if there ismore than one attacker. This usually involve clawing attacks and soft tissue attacks etc.

In one Kung Fu club I trained, the instructor did fight on the ground at times, and I also have learned ground fighting techniques. In Kung Fu we can apply many techniques that we would do from a standing stance to a ground position as well.

I have learned that when ground fighting the soft tissue is very vulnerable in alot of cases. By this I mean the eyes groins throat pressure points etc. Does anyone here agree or disagree with me here?

Does anyone have any examples through video or pictures or internet etc of ground fighting in kung fu? Or grappling?

If so, I would like to see them in here.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

Latest Discussions