OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by RCastillo

It's easy to beat Seig, and Mr. C, They both sleep late. Anyway, thanks for rubbing it in about those crab legs!:soapbox:
Sleep late? Ha! Shows what you know! I picked Mr. C up on Friday at noon, after being up since 3pm on Thursday with only a 20 minute ap to keep me going. We were up til 12:30. I was back up and meeting Mr. C for breakfast with his boys, Chronuss and Barky at 7:30. Saturday we finally called it quits about 10 pm and I was back up at 8:30 on my way to meet Mr. C again...Sleep? Ha!

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

Sleep late? Ha! Shows what you know! I picked Mr. C up on Friday at noon, after being up since 3pm on Thursday with only a 20 minute ap to keep me going. We were up til 12:30. I was back up and meeting Mr. C for breakfast with his boys, Chronuss and Barky at 7:30. Saturday we finally called it quits about 10 pm and I was back up at 8:30 on my way to meet Mr. C again...Sleep? Ha!

Sorry, I didn't know steroids worked that well. I better try them.:rofl:

S

Stick Dummy

Sorry, I didn't know steroids worked that well. I better try them.

Dude,

Start saving you money to come up in March :D

You can always come up and beat on me for a while, I'm just a spindley leetle guy half Seigs size (1/4 Mr. C's size), no room for steroids, or nuffin else in this skinny Stick Dummy frame.

Heck I might even let you wack me with a stick for a while to humor Mr. Conatser................... + It'll get you in shape for breaking those crab legs with a mallet.

heh-heh-heh

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Dude,

Start saving you money to come up in March :D

You can always come up and beat on me for a while, I'm just a spindley leetle guy half Seigs size (1/4 Mr. C's size), no room for steroids, or nuffin else in this skinny Stick Dummy frame.

Heck I might even let you wack me with a stick for a while to humor Mr. Conatser................... + It'll get you in shape for breaking those crab legs with a mallet.

heh-heh-heh

ohh.... now this will be pure WV entertainment for sure!!

Where'd I stow that banjo... *wg*

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've kind of been avoiding my post seminar post. I'm not sure where to start. This was the first seminar that I have hosted, and I learned a lot about the logistics side of it.
I picked up Mr. C and once we were back on the Capital Beltway and headed west, the discussion began. We had about a 90 minute ride, so we talked Kenpo steadily until we hit the mountains. Mr. C and the boys really seemed to enjoy it. It is a bit greener here than Arizona. We got them checked into the hotel and headed to Casa Seigel. Introduced Mr.C and Family to the Seigel family and fell into talking Kenpo again. The boys took the two black labs out to play while Tess, Mr.C and I did our thing. He worked with us on different things for a couple of hours until it was time for me to fire up the grill and start cooking supper.
After supper we headed to MMA where Mr.C was introduced to my students. I turned the school over to him for the evening and what a class it was. When you hear Mr.C talk about getting back to basics, he isn't joking. We worked on basics for almost 2 hours. After 10 years, I thought I understood the basics....I now understand them even better and have even more insight! Reluctantly, class ended and after a general BS session with Mr. C and the gang, I threw everyone out. Mr C, the boys, Tess, Chronuss, Barky, BigStang351 and I headed off to Denny's. Our Denny's is probably the slowest one in the world, but Mr.C kept all of us in good humor. Finally, Midnight came and we all headed off to our respective beds.
The next morining we met and congregated at MMA for anything last minute we may have forgotten before heading off to Shepherd College. Once there, my students swung into action setting things up and there was not much for me to do but get in the way, worry, and make decisions... They knew what needed to be done and did it well. Unfortunately, the PA system was not left accessible to us....The morning session was essentially a beginners session and Mr. C emphasised the meaning and importance of the beginner techniques and taught us even more about their applications. The session was fantastic! We broke for lunch, which thanks to my students was waiting for us. During lunch, Mr C was very gracious about signing autographs and answering questions. The afternoon session which was to be the advanced session saw the arrival of Gary Crimm and his Red Dragon Karate students. During this session, Mr. C talked about the Universal Pattern and taught us about using it in more than a 2 dimensional plane. From there he went on to Master Key moves and focused on the first two. It was utterly fascinating. We ran out of time long before we ran out of interest or energy.
Once the seminar was over, 21 of us headed to the Dragon Buffet in Frederick. Once there, Mr. C took charge and promptly had us rearrange the tables. We then settled in for good food, great conversation and even better comraderie. Mr. C then presented to me an original artwork drawing of Mr. Parker, done by Mr. Parker jr. My students got together with Mr C to provide me with this. I cannot begin to tell you how moved I was. To all of you, a very heartfelt thank you. :asian: Once dinner was over, Mr Ryer and his students had to head back to Pittsburgh and Mr. Gobs had to head back to Ashburn. The rest of us descended on a discount book store before heading back to WV. A very tired Seig and Tess bid goodnight to Mr. C and made arrangements to meet him on the morning.
Chronuss and Barky met us at the house the next morning where the conversation and information flowed until it was, sadly, time to take Mr C to Baltimore to catch his flight.
This weekend was so much more than simply attending a seminar. This weekend opened up whole new worlds within Kenpo to all of us. It also saw the birth of new friendships, and that, my friends, is priceless.
I am now going to say my Thank yous, I will undoubtedly miss someone, if I do, I am truly sorry. These are in no particular order.
Mr Conatser- Sir, it was an honor and a privledge. Your knowledge is both awesome and humbling.
Tess- for putting up with me and making sure everything forgot happened without me realizing I forgot it. I could not have done it without you.
Gary Crimm- Mr. Crimm brought his students with open minds.
Stick Dummy aka Pete- For helping keep me sane.
Dennis Danley- For taking pictures and helping me pull my little joke on Mr.C and everything else you regularly do.
BigStang251 aka Billy- For taking on the responsibilty of making sure things ran well at the seminar making sure all was ready.
FuzzyJ692000 aka Jani For running check in and taking care of lunch
Barky aka Karen- For helping Jani and everything else
Dr. Anna Devito-For the snack bar and allowing me to host this at Shepherd College
Chronuss aka Chad- for helping with transportation and anything else that needed to be done.
Atigernamedkoolaid aka Jennifer- for making all of the runs to get everything I forgot.
Mrs Debbie Haymaker For running cameras and the birthday cake. Ma'am, your son has been a blessing to our school and efforts. Thank you for everything.
George and Ladonna I do not know where to even begin.....Thank you.
TestDummy aka Alex For being willing to do whatever I need, whenever I need it done.
Mr. Josh Ryer For making the trip with his students from Pittsburgh and everything else.
Chip Gobs For coming up from Ashburn, VA
The rest of my students, all of you- for making sure everything went off without a hitch and getting everything ready in time.
Martial Talk for bringing us all together.
Sam Ting everyone that was here, knows.....

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ricardo................. AKA "Bobby" .........

:rofl:

Squeal Bobby.............. oweeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk

tune starts.........

du du du dong dunnggggg.........

:eek:

S

Stick Dummy

Short 1 to "Dueling Banjos"???

:rofl: :rofl:

Sparring Ricardo WITH Banjos?????

:erg::erg:

HOOSIERDADDY?

Oh My Gawd.....................!

R

RCastillo

Steroids nothing!:2xbird: it's all the crab legs!:rofl:

That's it. I'd better get some airline pricing going.

First, Seig shoots me the finger, then Tess is looking for her banjo:(

But all is not bad, The Stick dummy is willing to help me!:cool:

I'd better make a stand, the future of the Southwest is at stake here.:samurai:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well from my point of view the NorthEast outpost is strengthening, post Alexandria is stable, but it does not appear that Mr C needs any reinforcements at this time to worry about the ill-equipped Texas. It is dubtfull that even reinforcements from Lexington will help you. You are on your own private.
General Seig
IKKO Commander,
WV Volunteers/Mountaineers

R

RCastillo

Well from my point of view the NorthEast outpost is strengthening, post Alexandria is stable, but it does not appear that Mr C needs any reinforcements at this time to worry about the ill-equipped Texas. It is dubtfull that even reinforcements from Lexington will help you. You are on your own private.
General Seig
IKKO Commander,
WV Volunteers/Mountaineers

Let's summize here. I think I've been insulted, dismissed, and in closing, told, no hope for the future exists. The line has been drawn, and I've been told NOT TO CROSS IT!:wah:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

we always give an option..............

Submit or Die.............:eek:

:asian: :)

In that case, THE CHECKS IN THE MAIL!:soapbox:

K

KenpoGirl

I'd like to thank your for absolutely wonderful comentaries on your seminar. Many people (especially guys) just stay. "It Was Great" but never give the slightest clue as too what actually happened.

Not nearly as good as being there but it helps. I have seen Mr. Conatser in action, so I have a pretty good idea about what and how he taught. I can sympathize about the brain overload. Mr. Conatser knows his stuff, take advantage of him as much as possilbe. ;)

Dot

S

Stick Dummy

Simply put

Mr Conatser.

THOROUGHLY (STRONG Emphasis here) covered the basics of

Kicks, Punches, Blocks, Training Bow, Meditation stance, Attention, Respect in the studio,

from there on my ears start smoking trying to remember the rest............. and I defer to Seig or Tess

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Ricardo................. AKA "Bobby" .........

:rofl:

Squeal Bobby.............. oweeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk

tune starts.........

du du du dong dunnggggg.........

:eek:

Pete...is this where that medium comes from..?...:rofl:

Latest Discussions