Democrats give american people the finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
as I have said before, i normally despise government in business, but this isnt bananas, price of bananas goes up, we can simply choose not to eat them

this is the lifeblood of the entire country

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
as I have said before, i normally despise government in business, but this isnt bananas, price of bananas goes up, we can simply choose not to eat them

this is the lifeblood of the entire country
Remember prohibition? You do know shutting down the stills was more about forcing the public to switch to gasoline, than it was keeping people sober, don't you? Its our life's blood because of Big Oil, we don't need to keep drinking the Koolaid.
Sean

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm thinking they do have a large reserver and stuff just sitting around. My Brother in law works at a refinery. they used to put in all kinds of crazy shifts for rebuilding it from scratch almost 2x a year. now they do it all in the course of a normal work day. With less pepole on staff.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Do oil companies need tax subsidies? That is what I think is the real 'finger' to the American people. Not only do your tax dollars go to subsidize companies that make massive profits, you also get to pay out the a$$ at the pump!

Andrew

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
-Do oil companies need tax subsidies? That is what I think is the real 'finger' to the American people. Not only do your tax dollars go to subsidize companies that make massive profits, you also get to pay out the a$$ at the pump!

Andrew

Do you know how the subsidies work? Or are you just complaining because you think they are given every break in the book?
I imagine there are a but a few posters who understand what is going on this site, even though almost everyone here will complain about them. I have yet to meet any person live and up close who after saying the same thing can not even begin to state what is being subsidized, how, or why.. just seems some like to complain.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you know how the subsidies work? Or are you just complaining because you think they are given every break in the book?
I imagine there are a but a few posters who understand what is going on this site, even though almost everyone here will complain about them. I have yet to meet any person live and up close who after saying the same thing can not even begin to state what is being subsidized, how, or why.. just seems some like to complain.

well, subsidies are supposed to be for companies that struggle. record profits should automatically disqualify you....

ganglian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/67...-rejects-gop-bill-to-expand-offshore-drilling

The Senate on Wednesday rejected Republican-backed legislation intended to speed up and expand offshore oil and gas drilling.
In a 42-57 vote, the Senate failed to move forward with the bill, which was opposed by the White House and most Senate Democrats. Republicans needed 60 votes for the measure to proceed.
Every Senate Democrat voted against the motion to proceed.

so, in short, **** the american people, who cares about out of control gas prices, the Dems care more about the enviro wack jobs than the average american citizen

In light of damage done by oil spils I would point out I dont cry for your opinion and rush limbaugh is a pill popping skank bag...

ganglian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
who mentioned Rush?

why not mention your pill popping hero. It highlights the hypocracy of your outlook quite nicely. Trump is money grubbing such and suc h, Coulter is a Nazi in barbie disguise, but from another thread, you are legion.....

no bow though, punk.....

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
why not mention your pill popping hero. It highlights the hypocracy of your outlook quite nicely. Trump is money grubbing such and suc h, Coulter is a Nazi in barbie disguise, but from another thread, you are legion.....

no bow though, punk.....

no one mentioned Rush, or Coulter, or Trump.

ad homs are a violation of the TOS, and have been reported

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
one opinion piece from a member of an environmental group, and one that, to be charitable, is written by an environmental nut job

sorry not convinced.

NEXT!!!

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL did you read the articles? Much of the info in them are not opinion, but fact. Or you could do your own search. There are tons of articles out there saying the same thing. Of course I know that "science" and "scientist" are a bad word in your lexicon, but when articles are published like these you might want to pay attention, even if the scientist involved don't follow your political leanings. Or does truth not mean anything to you unless it has passed through your political screening process?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
-Admin Notice-

Enough of the personal shots. Any further digs, slings, or outright insults will get the deliverer some nice infraction points. In this thread, or anywhere else. You all know the rules, and if you don't, go read the damn things.

See someone else breaking them?
Report it. That's this thing here:
report.gif

Can't stand the other person? Then put the SOB on your 'ignore' list, or grow a thicker skin already.
Just because they disagree with you, isn't a rules violation.
Being a jackass is.

Back to the bloody original topic.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the writer of the first is a member of an environmental group, ergo, is disqualified to be a voice of impartial thought

the writer of the second writes ONLY environmental articles, so, same as the first.

its ok, you dont have to convince me, and I am not trying to convince you

we need to build a **** ton of nuke plants, and drill everywhere there MIGHT be oil,

for no other reason than we need to get the hell out of the middle east

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Aye, breaking that dependant relationship is of great importance; for an awful lot of post-war history has been coloured by it, mostly bringing a cargo of negative consequences along with the oil.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the writer of the first is a member of an environmental group, ergo, is disqualified to be a voice of impartial thought

the writer of the second writes ONLY environmental articles, so, same as the first.

its ok, you dont have to convince me, and I am not trying to convince you

we need to build a **** ton of nuke plants, and drill everywhere there MIGHT be oil,

That a solution for the next 100 years, not the next 10.
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions