Delta Smackdown

M

markulous

Is there anyone that is going to this or knows anything about this? It's in Antioch, CA. Another student and I are thinking of attending this but wondered on some of the rules and competition and what not. Thanks.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears to be a Karate tournament (not MMA like the name would make it sound).

I do know the Pallens from back in the "70's when I was in Kajukenbo. Pallens Martial Arts has been around since the "70's and probably the "60's and they are respectable.
:asian:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
markulous said:
Is there anyone that is going to this or knows anything about this? It's in Antioch, CA. Another student and I are thinking of attending this but wondered on some of the rules and competition and what not. Thanks.
Are you Sifu Tery Morgan? :asian:

OP
M

markulous

grimfang said:
this link leads to a page that will contain the contact info of the people running the event.. they will be happy to get you all the specific details.

http://www.amapaallstars.com/

Even in the "rules" section I still don't see what the rules are for making contact. I wondered if punches can be thrown or atleast palm strikes.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
markulous said:
Nope I am his student. Why do you ask?
I'm in the bay area and just bought a home in Tracy where I'm building a Dojo and I'm keeping a satelite class in San Jose with some selective students.

OP
M

markulous

Tracy isn't too far away from Lodi(which is where our school is). What type of martial art do you teach? You should stop by our school we are always glad to have people that teach other arts.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
markulous said:
Tracy isn't too far away from Lodi(which is where our school is). What type of martial art do you teach? You should stop by our school we are always glad to have people that teach other arts.

I will sooner or later. Will have more time in the summer. Moving and everything that goes with it is a lot of work. My Sifu also like to meet other Gung-Fu instructors.

I recently got back together with my Sifu Felix Macias.
http://www.scientific-streetfighting.com/kempolineage.html

And I hope to go to Stockton and study Cabales Escrima now that they are 15-20 minutes from me.

OP
M

markulous

Where is your Sifu located? I didn't see on the website. We could always drive over there. That would be awesome.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
markulous said:
Where is your Sifu located? I didn't see on the website. We could always drive over there. That would be awesome.

If you click my instructors names it will take their websites. Felix is located in Hayward and is the real deal! :asian:

Latest Discussions