Death by Wedgie

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Boyer, prosecuting the case with Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Betty Jo Anthony, told jurors that both men were at fault and both wanted to fight, but Williams made a statement of intent after Freel went outside.

"He threatened to kill Mr. Freel," Boyer said.

Anderson, trying the case with Melissa Friedman, told the jury that Williams did not want to go outside. Freel, at 6 feet 2 inches tall and 300 pounds, was a far bigger man.

According to Anderson, Williams said: "If I leave, I'm going to be at risk. Somebody's going to get hurt. Somebody will get killed."

This could cut both ways..the defendant felt at risk ergo self defense -OR- the defendant knew there was going to be a confrontation when he left, why didnt he call police? Mutual Combat?

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Tgace,
To the Rest,

About the knifer.

Questions a Good detective or DA will ask:

So why did you run into the alley to avoid witnesses, except for the fact to make it harder for witnesses to say you were attacking the deceased.

So, did you offer, first aid to the victum? Did you try to stop the bleeding, or call 911 for an ambulance?

Not really trying to be a pain, but I think it was an field not an alley, and they were in plain sight (however it was prolly dark), where any witnesses or friends were free to follow, examine or help (makes you wonder why they didn't). They did afterall say that they two seemed to be boxing. As for the bleeding and no aid claim, shock always makes a good plea. Especially after you've just been attacked and just gutted another human. If he was intent on killing him why didn't he follow up and finish? Why didn't he run? Why did he just peacibly surrender and even give the police the weapon used?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Tgace,

No Disrespect for I believe you would have showed up and done something.

Yet, there was many a night when the police I had to deal with did nto care, nor wished to do the paperwork. I agree the knifer should have staid out of it. Maybe he stepped in to protect others from getting hurt? I do not know.
The way I read it, the stabber was offended his friend got a wedgie and told the "wedgier"; "you better not try that on me." To which the knucklehead replied " Ill do to you whatever I want." The two got into a pissing match and the knucklehead got kicked out.

As to what the Police will do...arrest or not, the two parties would have been sent on thier way and this most likely wouldnt have happened. In my town, there would have been an arrest. This one's a no brainer...if the victim wants charges Im glad to make myself the court time. ;)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
Not really trying to be a pain, but I think it was an field not an alley, and they were in plain sight (however it was prolly dark), where any witnesses or friends were free to follow, examine or help (makes you wonder why they didn't). They did afterall say that they two seemed to be boxing. As for the bleeding and no aid claim, shock always makes a good plea. Especially after you've just been attacked and just gutted another human. If he was intent on killing him why didn't he follow up and finish? Why didn't he run? Why did he just peacibly surrender and even give the police the weapon used?

OU Lobo,

He might be innocent. He did peacefuly give up and was most likely in shock like you said. Yet, the questions will be asked. The jury will hear them. If the defendant hesitants or contradicts himself, he will look very bad. I was just offering some experience, to how sometimes what seems cut and dry gets all screwed up, by people who were not there, and the way they present the information they have or ask their questions.

:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
The way I read it, the stabber was offended his friend got a wedgie and told the "wedgier"; "you better not try that on me." To which the knucklehead replied " Ill do to you whatever I want." The two got into a pissing match and the knucklehead got kicked out.

As to what the Police will do...arrest or not, the two parties would have been sent on thier way and this most likely wouldnt have happened. In my town, there would have been an arrest. This one's a no brainer...if the victim wants charges Im glad to make myself the court time. ;)

Yes, one would think the court time usually over time, would be something people would want. Yet, I have had the mis-fortune, of dealing in the past with those that only cared about limiting their paperwork and the appearance of the comumunity. If no charges and then no paper work then no stats, to the negative. Like I said not everyone, just some.

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
OU Lobo,

He might be innocent. He did peacefuly give up and was most likely in shock like you said. Yet, the questions will be asked. The jury will hear them. If the defendant hesitants or contradicts himself, he will look very bad. I was just offering some experience, to how sometimes what seems cut and dry gets all screwed up, by people who were not there, and the way they present the information they have or ask their questions.

I hear ya. I don't even think I would go so far as to call him innocent, just not a murderer.

Looked like a bunch of stupidity to me. Both had chances to back off but wouldnt.

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Over here in England guns are not allowed so there's no way you would be permitted to have a knife. It sounds like a prank that go out of hand and unfortunately someone lost their life.
I have had similar minor things happen to me at school too and always let it go because I was more afraid of getting into trouble with the teachers. I remember one time though, about a couple of years or more when I had left school I was at the pub with friends. I had a female friend who worked there in the kitchen with this rather slimy tall lanky French guy. So this one day I'm there and he jokingly I guess starts touching me up in a gay manner ( he had a girlfriend so he clearly wasn't gay) and I kept saying I didn't like it but still this idiot kept doing it. I really wanted to pound his face and break both his legs. Everyone else was laughing including my friends and I must have looked like a right idiot, but this was way before I had started training in Martial Arts otherwise maybe I could have put him in a lock or chopped his neck. I think anyone else would not have taken this. But then again I guess I send out a message saying " this guy won't fight back, do what you want"! it really pisses me off! But maybe its just aswell because I could have let my anger get the better of me. However I still looked pathetic infront of my female friend.
I have a friend who is a bit of a hothead and due to constant bullying at school he doesn't take any nonsense anymore and seems to enjoy having fights. On one occasion while he was working his part time job at a super market he noticed some guy stealing things and told the Manager but he didn't do anything, so I think he had a workd with the guy and threatened to call the Police but he was himself threatened with the prospect of having his father beaten up. This did not make him happy and at the time he had a friend living with him who was lets say no stranger to crime. His friend went to this persons house and confronted him with a Sawn off shot gun and told him not to bother my friend ever again, and I think he got the message.
Its lucky for all concerned nothing happened because my friend could have been an accessory to attempted murder.

Latest Discussions