Dealing with Power hitters

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess
I've split lips, bloodied noses.. but dont' think I've ever given out a black eye.. yet.. ;) Saving it just for Ricky....

Whoa there!:eek:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
Hey, cool it there Bolo!:eek:

I thought you claimed to be bolo?

By the way when are you going to teach me your spear set???

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
I thought you claimed to be bolo?

By the way when are you going to teach me your spear set???

Your statement startled me, Spear Set? Which one, Skylight, Circular, or 8 Point Spear?

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whoa there!:eek:

Let's see tonight we had an interesting night.. the new Tuesday night Shepherd college class started.. then after that sparring.. one new guy showed up.. a TKD'er who complained we were all too fast for him.. :eek: One of our brown belts connected her jaw with his elbow in a 3 on one, She didn't have her mouth guard in and her tooth went through her face.. below her bottom lip to the side.. Talk about a very ugly wound.. *shudders* I only jammed my big toe on a yellow belt who blocks like a mack truck~!! so it was a good night for most :)

Ricky... don'tcha just wanna come out and play ?? :confused:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Let's see tonight we had an interesting night.. the new Tuesday night Shepherd college class started.. then after that sparring.. one new guy showed up.. a TKD'er who complained we were all too fast for him.. :eek: One of our brown belts connected her jaw with his elbow in a 3 on one, She didn't have her mouth guard in and her tooth went through her face.. below her bottom lip to the side.. Talk about a very ugly wound.. *shudders* I only jammed my big toe on a yellow belt who blocks like a mack truck~!! so it was a good night for most :)

Ricky... don'tcha just wanna come out and play ?? :confused:
We had one guy that wanted to use leg attacks too, he was a LOT of fun.....

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the things we do almost every class is an attack line. One person center of the dojo, everyone else lined up along the wall. Each person on the wall attacks the man in the middle one at a time with what ever attack comes to mind. Uke is supposed to match the power and speed of the attack to the level of nages ability. We do have a few that seem to think that even the first day student should be up to speed and attack all out. It is great to see a few of the brand new students get lucky once in a while and send Mr. Ego flying across the dojo using his own energy. When they get up shaking their heads the answer is always the same.... you decide how far you fly by the amount of power you apply.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She didn't have her mouth guard in and her tooth went through her face.. below her bottom lip to the side.. Talk about a very ugly wound..

I hope that she is ok?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Your statement startled me, Spear Set? Which one, Skylight, Circular, or 8 Point Spear?

I don't care which one... Teach me how to use one properly when jabbing someone. :rofl:

R

RCastillo

I don't care which one... Teach me how to use one properly when jabbing someone. :rofl:

Hey............wait, you're gonna spear me!:eek:

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope that she is ok?

Jennifer is a trooper for sure.. she gets such obscure injuries~!! Last one was a total inside out dislocation of her pinky.. man that was a freaky sight~!! She was in class tonight sporting a bandaid over it.. she's doing just fine.. and happy she didn't have to wear the 'Crayola bandaid Seig put on her last night *G*

Latest Discussions