Dan rank in another system - your input...

OP
M

Mike Clarke

Zhao Dai Wei,
I knew you were talking B.S. regarding your rank.
Why can't you simply answer the questions with names and dates. It's clear you are yet another "Kuchi Bushi".

Ryu Shin Kan,
Do you think it may have something to do with the water down in Florida;)

Keep on truck'in.

Mike.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Mike Clarke
Zhao Dai Wei,
I knew you were talking B.S. regarding your rank.
Why can't you simply answer the questions with names and dates. It's clear you are yet another "Kuchi Bushi".

Just in case anybody is wondering what a "kuchi bushi" is.....it means "mouth warrior".

Originally posted by Mike Clarke
Ryu Shin Kan,
Do you think it may have something to do with the water down in Florida;)

Could be........I don't think it is only Florida though. It seems to be spreading.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it is spreading but it came from Asia. Based on what I've heard the American teachers were not taught correctly and should not of been given their black belts in the first place!

This bad water is snowballing but who is responsible? The bad "instructors who brought it to America" or the the "bad instuctors" who gave the the rest of the world the right to teach martial arts in the first place.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I think this “problem” has become bigger since the invention of video testing and the Internet.

I have yet to see this problem in Japan or Okinawa but I doubt it is far away.

Originally posted by akja
Yes it is spreading but it came from Asia. Based on what I've heard the American teachers were not taught correctly and should not of been given their black belts in the first place!

Can you supply any information to support these statements.
Like which teachers........which American black belts.....and how they were taught incorrectly?

I have met several foreigners that got black belts in Japan/Okinawa from pretty respected organizations that suck.

I have also seen some that got black belts from Japan/Okinawa that were awesome…….for example Joe Lewis, Bob Boggs, etc………..
So it works both ways.

This bad water is snowballing but who is responsible? The bad "instructors who brought it to America" or the the "bad instuctors" who gave the the rest of the world the right to teach martial arts in the first place.

Quite often these foreigners that study in Asia have a tendency to gain dan rank on the plane back to their country.
I have seen several folks that were say a shodan in this country but mysteriously became 4th or 5th dans on the flight home.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I based it on what you said about Gogen Yamaguchi and Peter Urbin.

I think its a two way street here. A lot of instructors are accused of gaining rank on the planes not just Americans and then what you ust said about Kise. Its hard to say he learned crappy and teaches wrong, when it could of been avoided by his instructor in the first place.

But like you said good American instructors trained in Asia. Some like Joe Lewis abandoned their traditional training though.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

But like you said good American instructors trained in Asia. Some like Joe Lewis abandoned their traditional training though.

Actually Lewis didn’t abandon his traditional roots. I will send you and anyone else that wants a copy some info on him via email on a PDF file. It's actually too large to post here.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Mike,

You don't know squat. Otherwise you'd be backing up your allegations with hard fact. Still waiting......:rolleyes:

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Zhao Dai Wei
Mike,

You don't know squat. Otherwise you'd be backing up your allegations with hard fact. Still waiting......:rolleyes:

No, I think you should be the one backing up your claims by answering 3 simple questions.
Nobody else seems to mind doing it….why have you played ring around the rosy when being asked SO MANY TIMES?

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, on the Points to Ponder thread, so far myself, akja and Chufeng have all posted our entire curricula vitae for all to see, read, enjoy and dissect.

I will start a new thread, with my info posted again, encouraging folks to step up to the plate and come clean about their training...

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

OP
A

A.R.K.

Nobody else seems to mind doing it….why have you played ring around the rosy when being asked SO MANY TIMES?

You think maybe it was the way you asked Ryushkan? Do you think it was the way you jumped me from the very beginning and continued slamming me with accusations for ten posts and I had not even had time to respond to your FIRST post? Go back and look at your posts Ryushikan. Look at the time frames between them and mine. I had gone to bed after the second post and my third post was late in the next day. Forgive me for not living on this site but I do have other responsiblities. Now look at your time frames, did you give me ANY opportunity? Did you give me ANY courtesy? No you went from hostility to being a smart aleck to making inuendo to making accusations all of which were unsubstantiated....and I didn't even have the opportunity to respond to the first one. You could'nt even wait for a response. You tried and convicted me and you don't even KNOW me.

So you'll just have to understand if I'm not to overjoyed to be talking to you. Even your buddy Yiliquan admitted I got e-mugged.

You think you just might have gotten better responses had you been respectful, courteous even patient? You know Ryushikan I might even be able to learn something from you...and here's a thought, you might even be able to learn something from me. Which is one of the whole points to this site in the first place.

You think about tha Ryushikan. It would not kill you to start off friendly. If I tell you to go jump of a bridge then maybe you can get hostile.

You tell me straight up...did you give me a fair shake from the beginning? Did you give me a fair opportunity to discuss anything with you? Right or wrong, agree or disagree...did you have any friendliness in you at all?

From me end it sure didn't look that way.

Yiliquan1,

I've already discussed things in another thread.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Zhao Dai Wei,

First off I was not the only one asking about your obviously totally bogus claims.
You’re using my jumping on your case as a cop out so you STILL won’t have to come clean. Heel I and others could tell you were bogus from you first post.
I even sent you an email and a PM asking you about your bogus claims.
All I got was a whiney sob story of how you weren’t Hitler but a nice guy and you are busy working 2 jobs, who your friends trained with and a lot of extra information that I didn’t ask for………but not answers to the the questions I asked.

You did say, “My system is registered in Kobe, Souel and Rydlk”.

Well sport I think I have given you ample time to answer the question both publicly and privately.
As a long time resident and a very active person in the martial arts community in Japan I can tell you there is no such place to register Soke titles in Kobe.
Some somebody either lied to you or you yourself are lying.
In fact if you were to register a system and you Soke title in Japan you would go through one of the Kobudo organizations. You think I am giving you the 3rd degree……try registering with one of them! For some reason though I don’t think you would cut the mustard with them.

I asked you about Pangainoon kata.
You said there were only 3. Being an 8th dan as you claim you should have know there are 4. You also didn’t answer who you got an 8th dan from in your email.

You did claim some American as your teacher in a style you claimed was in Okinawa……..you never told me who those Okianwans are that teach this style.

Why am I on your case………….because martial arts people that claim bloated dank ranks, Soke titles, etc are a disease and cheapen the martial arts to nothing more than a carnival sideshow and I don’t won’t to sit idly by and watch that happen. Guys like you with your bloated ranks & fake titles are a dime a dozen on the Internet.

OP
A

A.R.K.

Feel better now? For all your chatter, it is still only your opinion. Your entitled to it, but doesn't change anything. Those I respect have given me respect in return. I have wonderful knoweldge to teach...and do so...mostly for free. I have real-world, practical knowledge to share...and do. So you can keep on ranting all that you like it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I still have BB's in other systems seeking me out to teach them despite your low opinion of me.

Don't get yourself to worked up though, its not healthy. Have a nice day. :cool:

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ryushikan,
this is directed to you. First of all I have already posted my meger credentials on another thread under the Kenpo techniques forum (see gift of destruction, if that aint it get back to me and I'll give you what you want). After seeing all of show u the way's posts I feel that I must bow to his obvious superiour knowledge and suck up his wisdom. Far more knowledgable people than either you or I have been taken in by his retoric so who are we to challenge his credentials. There is a secret martial arts society here in the U. S. that you may not be aware of and its practicioners are required to take strict oaths never to reveal the true origins of thier 'art', for in reality they can trace thier true origins back to Atlantis. I can only hope that some day I can study with one of these 'masters' and only then will I be able to open my own school and teach a modern version of this ancient art. I think I will call it Tae Kue Ennwe Beesss. I only hope for whirled peas.

OP
C

chufeng

There is a secret martial arts society here in the U. S. that you may not be aware of and its practicioners are required to take strict oaths never to reveal the true origins of thier 'art', for in reality they can trace thier true origins back to Atlantis

Whatever you are smoking, I want some ;)

Atlantian Martial Arts...what a concept...but I heard the Atlantians were a very peaceful people and IF they ever needed to defend themselves, they would use their superior science...no hand to hand stuff...

chufeng

OP
C

chufeng

and by the way,
RyuShiKan lives in Japan, not the United States...

chufeng

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is to 'show the way'. Look guy, if you have some truely good info then present it when the time is appropiate. The forum will pretty much evaluate your opinion/technique and either rip it apart or give alternatives but it will be evaluated on it's own merits. We don't really give a s**t who you are or what your bogus credentials are, what works works and what is bs is just that. BUT .. IF you try to substantiate your opinions with claims to dubious claims of title, even if you do have a valid point you will be reguarded as S**T. Nuf said. By the way anything that I have seen from you so far has been crap. I'm talking on a technical level here, not philosophical, whos your sense or what ever. If you give advice to a question asked on any forum and I see that you are wrong I will rutlessly tear your logic apart. peace love horshit .

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
and by the way,
RyuShiKan lives in Japan, not the United States...

chufeng
I knew that, read the thread. I challenge you to a duel of bongs. Gives a whole new meaning to the term sensie eh?

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Feel better now? For all your chatter, it is still only your opinion. Your entitled to it, but doesn't change anything. Those I respect have given me respect in return. I have wonderful knoweldge to teach...and do so...mostly for free. I have real-world, practical knowledge to share...and do. So you can keep on ranting all that you like it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I still have BB's in other systems seeking me out to teach them despite your low opinion of me.

Don't get yourself to worked up though, its not healthy. Have a nice day. :cool:

As for your fictitious Soke factory down in Kobe......well there is no such place in Kobe that gives out or recognizes Soke titles and that is a fact. If you have some proof to the contrary like maybe some certificate they issued then let's see it.
Funny how every time I ask you to step up to the plate and supply some truth to your claims you babble on about something else either in email or in your posts.

Your message rings home loud and clear. I doubt you have even earned anything higher than a “real” shodan.

What’s that Forrest Gump said………."Bogus is as bogus does".:rofl:

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Feel better now? For all your chatter, it is still only your opinion. Your entitled to it, but doesn't change anything.

Perhaps it is only opinion, but it appears that it is an opinion held by at least 3 - 4 people here so far... Sure, we aren't necessarily the majority on this board, but we do seem to be the majority of those on this thread vocalizing an opinion on the subject. Does it change anything? No. Does it prove anything? No again. Does it continue to speak volumes that rather than posting the information requested you continue to tap dance and evade the issue by trying to put those who question you on trial for having the audacity to do so? You bet.

Those I respect have given me respect in return.

You have only been posting here for a short time. So you only return respect to those who have given it to you first? What have you done here to earn anyone's respect? I have over 700 posts of speaking my mind, making myself known, being shown my errors and publicly correcting them, showing others that I know what I am talking about and qualifying my information to demonstrate to those here whether I am worthy of their respect or not. So far all you have done is avoid the questions asked of you.

I have wonderful knoweldge to teach...and do so...mostly for free. I have real-world, practical knowledge to share...and do. So you can keep on ranting all that you like it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I still have BB's in other systems seeking me out to teach them despite your low opinion of me.

Okay, you're a saint. Are you happy now? While I admire that you allege to have used your skills in over 200 situations, that you teach for free, yada yada yada, all you seem to do is try to show how selfless and special you are but you continue to avoid providing the answers several people have asked you for.

And stating that black belts from other systems doesn't necessarily support that you are a source of great information and training, but could also be construed as proof that their training could have been lacking in their prior systems...

I am asking nicely. Please provide your training, complete with names and dates of formal training, practice on your own, advancements, etc., on the Curriculum Vitae thread. If you don't, fine, but don't continue to play the martyr if others take that as evidence of your having something to hide...

Gambarimasu.

Latest Discussions