Dagorhir

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That looks pretty neat! I wonder how "into" it some people get........if they actually think they are from that time, etc. Would be fun to watch for sure.

:asian: :karate:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
Has anybody seen or done this? It looks reeeeeally cool. I thought I might show at one just to watch the fireworks from a nearby hillside (Just like Bilbo). There is one not too far from me and on my way to visit Ohio U.

http://www.dagorhir.com/chapters/index.htm

Oulobo, I have a friend who runs the local "guild" or whatever they call it here... they spun off from one of the SIU chapters, the Brittania I think... It is pretty cool, I like when they do the castle siege stuff. Fun times.

I won't join them, however, as I was at a party with a bunch of them one night, and some beligerant member of the group kept trying to goad me into a fight... I finally accepted, and "dueled" him... He swung, I sidestepped, and cut off his head. Everyone freaked out, because that was an "illegal move"

Hehe.

No thanks. I dont want to develop bad habits with a sword, like, not killing my opponents in a quick and easy manner. %-}

Still, a cool bunch of Guys and Gals, and man can they drink!

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I can find the time I think I may go and watch an event and then we'll see how it goes from there. No sense in upping my "nerd rating" so easily. :uhyeah:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
If I can find the time I think I may go and watch an event and then we'll see how it goes from there. No sense in upping my "nerd rating" so easily. :uhyeah:

Hey man, if being about beer and fighting is nerdy, Call me a nerd...

LOL!

But yeah, check it out, like I said, it seems pretty cool.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Hey man, if being about beer and fighting is nerdy, Call me a nerd...

LOL!

But yeah, check it out, like I said, it seems pretty cool.

I enjoy watching it. Also enjoy a good beer or Meade ;)

A local fencing club does the local Ren Fest, and they are pretty good and funny. My concern is that most of the time they spend is on developing acting skills. I do not mind, I was just looking to see what they were doing and checked them out.

I also agree with not training for mistakes or bad habits. ;) I have heard illegal move before too :D.

:asian:

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
An old friend tried to get me into this type of stuff when I was still in school. it looks really interesting on the surface, but the amount of rules for the one I looked into would make a competition judge cringe. Nope, I'll pass and wait for everyone to come off the battlefield and share in many, MANY pints of stout!

Latest Discussions