cups outside of MA

M

muayThaiPerson

wearing cups when sparring so effective. obviously!! i have been accidentally kicked there a couple of times. thank God for the cup gaurd. have u guys or do u guys ever wear cups outside of MA? anything can happen. it will be useful against a fight and other things as well. for example: if ur squeezing through ppl and u dont want them to feel ur unmensionable:rofl: . just kidding about that. but seriously, it will be useful

OP
S

Shinzu

huh.. i never thought of that. a cup is sometimes rather uncomfortable but necessary. perhaps if i found a cup that was somewhat flexable i would wear it outside.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Yeah, well, when I was sparring and/or playing football, I had my cup broken a couple of times. Think of it if I wasn't wearing one.

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

yowwwzerrrr:cuss: :erg: :angel: :nuke: :eek: :anic:

OP
F

fissure

I had my cup cracked 6 or 7 yrs ago at a TKD tourny in S.C. - had blood in my pee for about 3 days!:eek:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Um, ok, to take this away from horror stories, YEOW!
I don't think it would be very comfortable or, um, how do you say, fashionable to wear it outside of training. You might as well get you some football pads as well to wear around. Thats what your training is for...

7sm

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

hey guys, i've never really witnessed any breaking cups. but what are urs made out of. mine is really plastic but its a thick dense type of rubber/plastic. ive tried bashing it with a hammer once but just bounced

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I really hope you were not wearing it at the time!

;)

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

oof, if i was and it broke!!!:eek:

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wore a cups (or box) for cricket. A cricket ball is very hard, and shin pads, protective gloves and a box is standard issue.

Has anyone here ever got a paintball in the goolies? I heard a horror story yesterday, and I always wear a small towel down the front of my bits when playing paintball.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bod

I wore a cups (or box) for cricket. A cricket ball is very hard, and shin pads, protective gloves and a box is standard issue.

Has anyone here ever got a paintball in the goolies? I heard a horror story yesterday, and I always wear a small towel down the front of my bits when playing paintball.

HAHA, not to get too far off topic here, but I've taken paintballs to my wedding tackle before!! :eek:
In fact, it was one of those really nifty semi autos, and I took three paintballs actually!! I was lying on my back and a "friend" of mine snuck up behind me and let me have it. MAN!! I started adding a little padding there after that!!

7sm

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bod

Yeah, I took one right in the ol' sack. First shot of the game, I peek out from behind a big palmetto bush, crouched down on one knee. Heard one pop, then a searing pain down there. Since I was the first one out, I had plenty of time to recover from that.

Owie.

Cthulhu

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Throwing paint I always wear a cup. I shot(not on purpose)a kid there once and vowed to always wear one.

Micheal

OP
S

Shinzu

my instructor was not one for wearing a cup until he caught a shot during a tourny. he said there was blood all over the front of his dobak and he was rushed to the hospital.

i will deal with a little uncomfortableness so i can protect my boyz:)

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

what i fear the most is baseball. i know the pitchees dont even go there but, a pitcher who u dont get along with. shoot!!!

i was wondering, there are excersises to build muscles on the body. ppl who do those can take lots of pain. i wonder about building the.......a:p

Latest Discussions