Cung Le

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to be real careful how I present this, but I think this only right in the human sense. There are not many that I believe in, but Cung Le is one of them. I could prattle on about the injustice, but the UFC appear to have listened. A politicla climb down for sure, but still right.

Clicky

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I read the original story a while ago and it actually upset me because I have always like Cung Le as a fighter.

Thanks for the update

I do hope he wins this one

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You haven't seen the before and after photos then? Of course he was doping, watching him it's obvious. Too many signs say he's guilty I'm afraid.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was a bit passionate a bit, but maybe so! How many ????????????????????

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of us said well before the fight Cung Le was doping. He may get off with it on a technicality though. How many? Most in the UFC I imagine. The company has fighters on a bit of string, perform or out so the pressure to perform is immense.
Comprehensive List Of UFC Fighter Drug Test Failures

Blimey. Guess I am a little naive over sports drug use, especially the use of Marijuana. I know that its use causes great debate about many things, but an athlete the effects would be very profound I would guess. I have been watching some youtube stuff on Mark Kerr. Some of the injuries that he had sustained would probably floor most people. Indeed, the pressure to fight.

There is a full un cut version, but in German

Last edited by a moderator:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You haven't seen the before and after photos then? Of course he was doping, watching him it's obvious. Too many signs say he's guilty I'm afraid.

I don't look at those two photos the same way. He's in fairly good shape on the left - and with all the stupid weight cutting these people do, it isn't much of a stretch to get to the photo on the right. And IF the photo on the right was done just before re-hydration, another photo twelve hours later might just look like the one on the left.
I'm amazed at the size difference in some MMA matches. To me....weigh in should be just before you step into the ring.

As for drug testing, man, I have a long history of study on the subject. It's kind of crazy. Not so much the science, but how they utilize their procedures.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't look at those two photos the same way. He's in fairly good shape on the left - and with all the stupid weight cutting these people do, it isn't much of a stretch to get to the photo on the right. And IF the photo on the right was done just before re-hydration, another photo twelve hours later might just look like the one on the left.
I'm amazed at the size difference in some MMA matches. To me....weigh in should be just before you step into the ring.

As for drug testing, man, I have a long history of study on the subject. It's kind of crazy. Not so much the science, but how they utilize their procedures.

I believe there's a couple of years between the photos.

Most weigh in here are done on the day, most fighters have jobs so can't leave them so weigh's have to be on the day.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe there's a couple of years between the photos.

Most weigh in here are done on the day, most fighters have jobs so can't leave them so weigh's have to be on the day.

I agree with both of you. Interesting points, but to me could be 50 - 50. Gatlin did it twice and is back. So maybe Cung doing it is probably not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Still though, something just does not smell right!

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The thing with those two pics though: the one on the left (the "before" pic) was him during weight cutting, at the lowest weight he could get to, on the scales at a UFC weigh-in. The "after" pic on the right is him at a training camp, as in, not weight cutting yet.

The guy has been a pro fighter his entire adult life. He's trained like a madman the entire time. Suddenly, at 42, he changes his whole physique rather drastically, enough so that people were saying he's on some form of PED. Then he tests positive for a PED? I know it's not foolproof, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
The thing with those two pics though: the one on the left (the "before" pic) was him during weight cutting, at the lowest weight he could get to, on the scales at a UFC weigh-in. The "after" pic on the right is him at a training camp, as in, not weight cutting yet.

The guy has been a pro fighter his entire adult life. He's trained like a madman the entire time. Suddenly, at 42, he changes his whole physique rather drastically, enough so that people were saying he's on some form of PED. Then he tests positive for a PED? I know it's not foolproof, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Agreed. Strangely enough, it looks like the Sylvestor Stallone physique pics as well before Sly started using GH.

It's one thing for a young untrained person to make drastic changes in a physique once they start lifting and dieting right. But, a pro athlete isn't going to make those kinds of changes at age 42 without some type of chemical assistance.

I like Cung Le and have always been a fan, but I just don't buy it that the physique is JUST due to diet changes and training.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Strangely enough, it looks like the Sylvestor Stallone physique pics as well before Sly started using GH.

It's one thing for a young untrained person to make drastic changes in a physique once they start lifting and dieting right. But, a pro athlete isn't going to make those kinds of changes at age 42 without some type of chemical assistance.

I like Cung Le and have always been a fan, but I just don't buy it that the physique is JUST due to diet changes and training.

It would appear so (Oh when I made the original post, I had taken one of my plutonium grade Tramadol meds, kinda spun out a bit. Opioid and all that). I'm really torn over this replying in a normal mode. Cung Le kind of became a hero figure to me. I first saw him in Dragon Eyes with JCVD, good film, plus Peter Weller does the usual devils own. My reasoning was that if he could fight in Strike Force and UFC at forty, well then I could drag my **** up and set about trying to mitigate the aftermath. The irony for me is so funny now. I am what I am because of drugs. Now Cung has become the same. Well, life sure does make you appreciate that whatever another person does or does not do, it can still reflect upon you. Whether by circumstance or design, it still shocks!

EDIT> That is prescribed as well.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing to remember though is that the doping helps with some of the physical efforts in fighting but if you aren't a fighter, aren't skilled, aren't determined and aren't brave enough to step into the cage no amount of those type of drugs is going to help. A lot of people could take whatever dope he and the others have but never in a million years could they train as long or as much. The dope may enable the body to take more training but you do have to get off your backside and push yourself to do that training. It's cheating in one respect of course but the actual fights are real, nothing can give you heart or courage when you are in there, nothing can give you the will to win.

Latest Discussions