• $weblp_2671.jpg
    $weblp_2671.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 272

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the mostly full length shot of the girl with red hair... the blue pants kind of don't quite blend/don't quite clash enough with the background, in my opinion. Great pic, nice pose... but the legs kind of get lost.

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree the pants should be changed, maybe red or black would work better.

And the woman standing between the 2 trees would probably look better asthetically if she were just surrounded by greenery.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In the mostly full length shot of the girl with red hair... the blue pants kind of don't quite blend/don't quite clash enough with the background, in my opinion. Great pic, nice pose... but the legs kind of get lost.
Agree here I think cropping would've helped the pic as well... difficult to do with this type of portrait. Wanting to show the pants (thus the need for a neutral back ground so not to clash) which are likely part of the model's personal wardrobe and personality but not cutting them off so much that she looks somewhat stunted. If it's ok with you Bob, I'll copy the pic and play with cropping on my own photo editor (Gimp) and post it here... :idunno: maybe I'll just mess it up or find something that makes me go Ah!

I agree the pants should be changed, maybe red or black would work better.

And the woman standing between the 2 trees would probably look better asthetically if she were just surrounded by greenery.
Of the three I liked this one best and I can see the intent to use the trees to frame the model and I do like it but think also using ONE tree on either side would've created a different (if not better image). Overall that is my fav of the three.
The gentleman's portrait felt too UP CLOSE ... maybe a foot or two further back would soften that effect.

Still good work Bob. :asian:

Edit: Whoops seems that I didn't let it completely load and didn't see the portrait of the woman... that is very good indeed. Even though it's roughly the same distance as the man the effect is different. Perhaps because she's not looking directly AT you or even the camera, there's also a softness felt by the lighting. If it were the same lighting then one can see the difference how it can affect one person or another.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think your work is improving each time I see a new set of Pics.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Peek a Boo.

New model, her 1st shoot.

Attachments

• $AshleeW_6045w.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 215

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Love the one above. Of the top ones, the chick in the blue pants on the blue background does not work, change the pants or the background. The chick in the woods is amazing.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ingeneral agreement with everyone. Nice shots, overall. The gentleman in the first photo seems a little overexposed inna face.

Peek-a-boo is excellent. Beautiful clarity in her eyes.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, lovely shot that one, Bob. Also, I missed this when it was first posted so I hadn't seen the shots in the OP before.

The one of Mrs. Bob is beautiful. It emits a sense of regal, serene, confidence.

The gentleman is a little over-lit, highlighting his ruddiness.

As for the lass with the red hair, I think I concur with then comments of my fellows in that those blue trousers are a distraction rather than an addition. Also, that glasses half-off pose would be better if the shot gave a sense of motion, as if she were taking them off rather than looking over the top of them.

I get the idea of snapping the Celtic Druidess (aka Arabic Belly Dancer) through the trees but I think they need to be a bit further apart as their prescence in the foreground distracts the eye from the subject (beautiful tho she is).

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Couple more from the same shoot, 3 different processings.

Attachments

• $AshleeW_6051w.jpg
    $AshleeW_6051w.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 191
  • $AshleeW_6050w.jpg
    $AshleeW_6050w.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 193
  • $AshleeW_6019w.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 200

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like the processing on the last set - are you using photoshop actions? Is the second one a lower F stop or all editing after the fact? What lens are you shooting here?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the bottom one best... but neither pose is your best, and given the ones with the same model and the tree, you can do better. Were these maybe feeling out shots early in the session? They just feel very run-of-the-mill, routine poses... Almost yearbook/portfolio posing. And you often do a great job of actually connecting with the models, and bringing personality through the lens...

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Combination of raw, tweaks on initial load, custom PS actions and scripting, and lots of close up tweaking (healing brush, dodge, burn and sharpen)

Camera on all 4 shots was the Canon 50D, lens the 18-200 IS, F5.6 iso 200, shutter 250

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like the bottom one best... but neither pose is your best, and given the ones with the same model and the tree, you can do better. Were these maybe feeling out shots early in the session? They just feel very run-of-the-mill, routine poses... Almost yearbook/portfolio posing. And you often do a great job of actually connecting with the models, and bringing personality through the lens...
This was her first shoot ever, so she was a bit nervous and we hadn't had a chance to do my normal pre-shoot chat. I'd expected better lighting and ended up with heavy clouds creating very flat lighting. Towards the end of the shoot we ended up dealing with an army of mosquitoes, so wrapped early. The seated shot was early on, the 2 prone at the end of the shoot when my flash started to not cycle (note, always check you packed the spare batteries).

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
side note: the peek a boo shot is my and her favorite from this shoot. I think it's the best of the 60 shots in the series.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
side note: the peek a boo shot is my and her favorite from this shoot. I think it's the best of the 60 shots in the series.
I can see why... Though the "tree hugger" shot is good, too!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And you often do a great job of actually connecting with the models, and bringing personality through the lens...

I absolutely agree. It's something I've said before I think but it bears repeating that Bob certainly has that gift :tup:.

Also, the new model most definitely has a certain something of her own. From my reading of the shots, she can project either either warm vulnerability and innocence or self assured haughtiness {no, not hawt-iness ... tho' she most assuredly has that too :lol:... a certain Anna Kournikova look methinks?}

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Combination of raw, tweaks on initial load, custom PS actions and scripting, and lots of close up tweaking (healing brush, dodge, burn and sharpen)

Camera on all 4 shots was the Canon 50D, lens the 18-200 IS, F5.6 iso 200, shutter 250

I like the shots! And btw, I just picked up one of those myself (the Canon 50D, not the hawt model. :lol:)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pair of new headshots.

Attachments

• $web_6339a.jpg