Convinient double standarts?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Granfire-If I understand your point, you don't think his political beliefs should effect you buying his stuff, since that's not important enough to you to boycott a store over political beliefs. However, you think he (the owner) is being hypocritical by saying that he refuses to even associate with an object because it goes against his political views, then getting cheap labor/products from a country with political views that go against his own, in the same area (birth control). So you asked how he could rationalize that to himself?

If that's what you're asking, there are three answers I can think of. The first is that he is either an idiot who doesn't realize that (hasn't looked into their policies in the slightest), or a jerk/hypocrite who stops supporting his beliefs when its harmful to do so, simple as that, no rationalization at all. Or, he would not being able to stay in business if he didn't use their cheap goods, so he is forced into the business partnership due to capitalism. Or, he has equally strong or close to equally strong objections with the political views of every country he could do business with, so it didn't really matter which one he chose since he detests all of them.
My bet is that it's most likely answer 1, but that answer 2 is also possible, if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Does that answer your question enough that you won't resort to calling Piccolo ugly anymore? I can assure you that while his head may be green, it is by no means ugly. In fact, it's kind of majestic and noble looking, especially in that picture. He looks almost like a king forming an alliance to crush an enemy. A shrewd face, with a bit of an evil smirk, but not ugly in the least.

Unless celtic_crippler is lying about his identity, and is in fact not Piccolo, but a different person who also happens to be green. If that's the case, he most likely is ugly (nothing against him, just not many people can pull of green successfully. Not much goes well with it, unfortunately), but I doubt its something he could help. I don't think green skin is a result of an unhealthy diet or anything similar. In fact, he was probably born with it, and was made fun of his green skin constantly as a child. You bringing it up and calling him ugly may very well have brought back emotional trauma from his childhood, and cried himself to sleep last night. Hopefully not, but if he did, I bet you're to blame.

So, now that you've got your answers and hopefully I've explained what you're saying well enough for him to understand what you meant, can you try to make amends with him, and apologize for making fun of the skin condition that's emotionally traumatized him? It would really make my day if you went ahead and apologized to him, buried the hatchet between you two, and became, if not close friends, at least people who didn't care more about the color of each others skins then the contents of their words, and the contents of their hearts.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, don't make me smack you upside your ugly green head.
Y'all couldn't see the point if I smacked you in the face with it.....

If his stance upset me enough I would not do business with them.
Fair enough, as I won't touch the pound that's in bed with the HSUS.

However THAT was NOT the point.

Do I need to break out the 2x4 to drive the actual THOUGHT home?!

The owner of the company objects...strongly enough that he does not want any of his money to go towards certain things....
It made me wonder if he had considered what his money is doing in China.

Is it clearer now?
yup
really not important to the matter, since I do not claim moral superiority and try to force my ideological conclusions on my environment.
You continue to claim moral superiority, and push your ideological conclusions at us, in this environment.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does that answer your question enough that you won't resort to calling Piccolo ugly anymore? I can assure you that while his head may be green, it is by no means ugly. In fact, it's kind of majestic and noble looking, especially in that picture. He looks almost like a king forming an alliance to crush an enemy. A shrewd face, with a bit of an evil smirk, but not ugly in the least.

:vu:
Yes it is true. I shan't call people who are different ugly.
I repent. and take it back.

Latest Discussions