Congresswoman Giffords Shot in Tucson

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you guys telling me it's not OK to blame the whole Tea Party for the actions of a crazed lone gunman who might have TP sympathies?

The difference between being anti illegal alien, is all of them are breaking the law period.
I have not heard any connection between this idiot scumbag and the tea party, but even if he was a major contributer to the tea party he is stil a lone idiot, and not an example of the tea party in general.

You can't even begin to compare the two, you are smart enough to know that and your trolling on this issue is disgusting.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
or there would have been more 'collateral damage'....

but really guys, this type of discussion at this time is beyond poor taste.

Or there would be less dead people and more dead bad guys

If its in poor taste then don't comment

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We also are deeply concerned about the heated political rhetoric that escalates debates and controversies, and sometimes makes it seem as if violence is an acceptable response to honest disagreements. Shortly after President Obama took office, the head of the NRA crowed that “the guys with the guns make the rules;” participants in Congressional forums and Presidential events started carrying guns in public; and then, just last year a candidate for U.S. Senate said the citizens unhappy with elections results should consider exercising their “Second Amendment remedies” and Sarah Palin used gun “target” metaphors encouraging voters to defeat Rep. Giffords and others.

Personally I don't see this as directly pointing the finger at the NRA or Palin so much as a comment on the overall political climate today. I don't think anyone would argue with the observation that we're increasingly bitter and polarized on every side of the spectrum, and the rhetoric is getting worse.

I don't think the Brady Campaign is suggesting that someone would wake up some bright morning, see a quote in the paper, and go on a rampage. But if someone is already very unstable, it's easy to see inflammatory images and decide they're "signs" affirming a course they've already chosen. At first blush I think it's a safe guess that's what happened here.

I do grieve for everyone affected in this, especially the family of the child who probably thought they were being great parents by exposing her to democracy at such a tender age. Nobody wins today. Horrible, just horrible.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Who else should I be?

This would be a classic way that granfire and others like would chose to insinuate that you are less then they are, that you are not as good, and should be ashamed of it.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
WTF is any crazy white guy who goes on a shooting rampage automatically assumed to be a member of the Tea Party???

Of all people I didn't expect to jump to that conclusion....

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, the shooter at fort hood had "soldier of Allah" on his business card, yelled "Allah ahkbar" before he started shooting, was a muslim who posted about jihad on the internet and had contact with a jihadi cleric,...and they still do not know why he did what he did. So of course, if it is a white american guy he is obviously a member of the tea party, who is probably related to both George Bush and Sarah Palin and is against health care reform.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Several people are dead, including a little girl. I think anyone rushing to play political games around this, well suck.

My thoughts are with the families of those killed, and the wounded. Anything else at this point, IMO is unnecessary.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just responding to Bill Mattocks.

About what?

I have asked if it is OK to blame the Tea Party for the actions of a lone wacko. If not, then I wonder why it is OK to blame illegal aliens for the actions of lone wackos who are illegal aliens, or members of a certain religion when someone tries to light their shoes on fire on a plane. Seems odd to me. Also seems odd that no one notices the turnabout here; kind of ironic, don't you think? Sad that I have to point out, though.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
About what?

I have asked if it is OK to blame the Tea Party for the actions of a lone wacko. If not, then I wonder why it is OK to blame illegal aliens for the actions of lone wackos who are illegal aliens, or members of a certain religion when someone tries to light their shoes on fire on a plane. Seems odd to me. Also seems odd that no one notices the turnabout here; kind of ironic, don't you think? Sad that I have to point out, though.
Actually, Bill, I agree with you about the irony of condemning an entire group for the acts of an individual for anyone but white Americans.

But time and place. Let's wait a few days before going into that particular discussion.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree Scott, it was more of a wake up call to people posting. It is 10:09 and noone knows anything about the guy yet. Let's wait and then start blaming people.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
These "guys who try to light their shoes on fire" are recruited, trained (sometimes) and supplied with weapons and targets by organizations Bill. Comparing this guy to organized terrorism is a fail. Unless future investigations prove otherwise.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree Scott, it was more of a wake up call to people posting. It is 10:09 and noone knows anything about the guy yet. Let's wait and then start blaming people.

You're missing the point...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, Bill, I agree with you about the irony of condemning an entire group for the acts of an individual for anyone but white Americans.

But time and place. Let's wait a few days before going into that particular discussion.

Oh yeah because nobody has ever condemned white Americans right? White American males are the last group that it’s Politically Correct to still bash.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These "guys who try to light their shoes on fire" are recruited, trained (sometimes) and supplied with weapons and targets by organizations Bill. Comparing this guy to organized terrorism is a fail. Unless future investigations prove otherwise.

Not comparing this guy to terrorists. My comments are aimed at people here on MT, not outside the gates.

You're missing the point...

Latest Discussions