Concealed Carry Holsters

S

Stick Dummy

What brands and styles of holsters do you like for concealed carry and why?

Strong side carry?

Middle of back?

Cross Draw?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Stick Dummy said:
What brands and styles of holsters do you like for concealed carry and why?
Gould&Goodrich, Safariland, Don Hume, Fobus: Belt slide mostly, ISWB for concealment if necessary, but uncomfortable. Ankle holster for back up but not primary carry.

Strong side carry?
Yes, predominately.

Middle of back?
Good for concealment, bad for access, if not worn properly, you can shoot yourself on the back under pressure. Can hurt you in a ground fight and on that note if your knocked on your back youre screwed.

Cross Draw?
Can be fast, but not many quality models are being made. Uncomfortable when sitting down.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
IWB, or strong side belt scabbard for "semi-concealed." Can't go wrong with Kramer. I am also very partial to Survival Sheath's chest rigs for small pistols, works w/ tshirt and shorts.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For me, a female, I prefer left cross-draw in the front, as it doesn't interfere as much with my hips.

I do have a preference for velcro waistband with a secure leather holster attached worn under my shirt. When I don't wear the waistband, I'll wear an IWB holster (not quite as comfortable). On days when clothes doesn't permit easy concealment/fast draw, I do have a specially designed gun purse with its own holster. I rarely carry my gun off the body though, as I don't trust having my gun any where off me unless its in the safe.

- Ceicei

OP
S

Stick Dummy

Thanks for the replies!

I just picked up a Ross Gun leather model 5S "pancake" for my SIG P-229 and it seems like a real good holster for the money. I haven't used this type of holster for over a decade, the last being the DeSantis SpeedScabbards for a H&K PSP 9mm and a Browning HP.

How about additional magazines? I'm looking at the magazine/ flashlight combo pouches and comments on this subeject?

thanks!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I would turn your attention to comp-tac products. They are a small company out of Houston, and their products and prices are excellent. The last time I was there I went shooting with the owner, and used several of the mag carriers and holsters. Good stuff, and getting better. For concealed carry I would point out his "shirt-tucker" holsters.

Lamont

OP
S

Stick Dummy

Lamont!

Dude! (Another MMA Kenpo Feast survivor...........)

Thanks - I'll check them out when I get done grilling the steaks over mesquite.

OP
S

Stick Dummy

Blindside,

Checked out the site, already have three Helweg S.W.A.T. kydex holsters and was looking for a leather mag/light pouch in a chestnut brown coloration.

I've been using a Mitch Rosen "WKM" for about a month, and like to option to tuck a shirt over the sidearm if needed.

Latest Discussions