clinic in reality

P

progressivetactics

There is a clinic that has been in BB mag for a while now about a hands reality based clinic that even Steven K Hayes says it is what he thought Karate was all about. Have any of you seen this or attended it?

What are your thoughts?

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you speaking of RMCAT? I have looked into that program taught by Peyton Quinn. I have heard it is some pretty tough crap. With reality training suits. Pricey. I figure about $3500 CDN, but I will do it in the next while. I have a friend school in Denver so Colorado springs isn't too far.

Hey your quote line resembles something I have on my shirt given as a gift from Albert Mady Shihan. Is that where you have it from. He is an amazing man!!

OP
P

progressivetactics

I don't know if i read it somewhere or not......i thought it was inspirational wisdom. I was lifting at the gym and my training partner grunted out some obscenaties, and I said that is motivation back to him....it stuck. Maybe I read it somewhere in the past, and it auto-pilot re-emerged.

I have never heard of the man you speak of.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read alot about Peyton. He definately has some good things to offer. One of his assistants writes an article in Black Belt magazine. It does seem kind of pricey, but if you are looking to get a taste of some real world training, that is the place to go!

Mike

OP
P

progressivetactics

we do some reality based combat training, so I wasn't looking for a place, but certainly wouldn't rule out any ideas either.

Thanks for the info.

r erman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Stephen Hayes and Peyton Quinn have known each other for a long time.

They do seminars together occaisonally, and Hayes has taught courses at RMCAT before.

I think they click so well because of the similarity in what they do. SKH has based his entire training system around psychological/emotional response via the godai, this jives with the adrenal stress training that other modern teachers like Tony Blauer and Peyton Quinn advocate. The psychology of confrontation is an often over-looked aspect of combat. Some teachers pay lip-service to it, but do not emphasize it.

Anyway, Quinn's material doesn't seem as multi-faceted as the godai, but pretty much the same thing with a lot more contact:)

OP
P

progressivetactics

Thanks.
Nice information there.

Have you trained with any of those? Seminars or classes?

r erman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I cannot reveal with whom I have or have not trained, as the Government usually foots the bill for my continuing education, and certain operators would not look kindly upon me divulging where certains funds are going.

Obviously, just kidding:) , I've visited Hayes' school and worked out with some of his people/former people. I've only trained with Quinn and Blauer in video land, though. I would highly recommend Tony Blauer's videos...

OP
P

progressivetactics

I would agree about Blauer, only because some people I highly respect have recommended him as well. Also, I met a guy who has worked with Tony, while I was at a Vunak clinic. He was 50/50 about Blauer to Vunak.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've seen that saying, "pain is just fear leaving the body" on a No Fear shirt before, maybe that's where you saw it.

:p

OP
P

progressivetactics

it's possible. You see so much every day, that doesn't immediatly stick with you, but at 3am....it comes up..and you can't forget it!

Latest Discussions